Agent venom

Two of Clubs
Two of Clubs Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
It might be a bit early to post this, or it might be better to get this out before the release.

The general reaction from my alliance, and from my anecdotal observation from the community, is a resounding "eeh, not very exciting".

I hate to think the best build might be 5/0/5 and ignore alien weakness altogether. Okay, he doesn't play well with slow, heavy hitters like hulkbuster or red hulk. He also doesn't play well with ap generators who will push you over 12 (or 14?) Ap. (Everybody loves ap generators!). Maybe give us a reason to want his black power, and make up for his not-playing-well-with-ap-generators drawback.

My suggestion is to add a passive aspect to the black power that *adds* one ap to your largest pool each round. At higher levels make it 1 AP to your largest pool and 1 AP to a random pool (For some uncertainty). Then make the drawback a little stiffer, like 25% or 33% of your largest pool when alien weakness triggers.

He still wouldn't play well with the popular heavy hitters, but would be great to play with fast characters. Also, his weakness would still trigger on a stale board and shake it up a bit to get the game moving again.

Thoughts?
2oC

Comments

• Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    What are you talking about? His black only costs five and hits hard. What's not to like about it? And if you ever do go into Alien Weakness, sure, he gets damage, but he also destroys tiles which is a free board shake up. Sure, he works best of all with fast hitting teams, but I'd run him with AP generators as well (best with Doom or Iron Fist I'd say).
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    You gotta be kidding me, the alien weakness barely does anything bad! But the black itself does a lot of base damage for only 5!!!!