Another 4* Venom?? Really?????

Options
Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ Character Discussion
So now we are not only doing duplicates of duplicates....we are making them the same power level? At least the other dupes are different levels. Seriously, Marvel has the most amazing list of characters, has made some incredible (and successful) films, and now has multiple versions of many of their characters as well....but still we get a plethora of Spidey's, Logan's, and Venoms?????? Where are Gambit, Cable, and Mysterio???? (just to name a few lol)

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Venom and Agent Venom each have the symbiote, but they seem like solidly different characters to me. I could give you a laundry list of 30 characters I'd rather see, but I could point out several other characters we already have that i'm less interested in than Flash Thompson. As I understand the process, they toss around a lot of character ideas and then work on them if they come up with an interesting power set. Someone thought they had a good idea for Agent Venom. When they post the stats, I guess we'll see if we agree.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You can see a quick overview of the powers through their Facebook page, he looks interesting I think everybody is going to **** about one of his powers (it becomes detrimental if you have more than 14 of any color) but I like the variety and he should have his uses (he can hide people like the updated IW). Regardless, he looks better than the current 4 Venom.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Eddie Brock Venom was and is still in desperate need of a rework. Balancing and new characters are probably handled by different departments, but I think fixing current Venom would make sense before releasing a different Venom.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The artwork looks pretty cool.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So tired of these complaints. For the last time: it costs money to acquire the rights to use every different character, even if your product is already endorsed by Marvel. Completely new characters are introduced all the time. Gwenpool, Spider Woman and Dr. Strange are all new recent additions, but from time to time is understandable that they take advantage of rights already bought. Moreover, Agent Venom is a decently popular character that has been the only active Venom in the Marvel Universe for several years now and he's both a different person and a different type of character to all previous Venoms. His inclusion is not unwarranted.

Wouldn't I prefer one of my own favourites like Rogue or Kitty Pride? Sure, and they might come soon, what with the massive X-Men comic relaunch early next year. Until then, I'll gladly take interestingly designed (such as this Venom) variations of characters (or rather mantles) that already exist in the game.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    So tired of these complaints. For the last time: it costs money to acquire the rights to use every different character, even if your product is already endorsed by Marvel. Completely new characters are introduced all the time. Gwenpool, Spider Woman and Dr. Strange are all new recent additions, but from time to time is understandable that they take advantage of rights already bought.
    Wouldn't they still have to acquire the rights to agent venom because they aren't the same person? Also I understand he is a different person but if I can't use him with another character already in the game than I don't really want a "new" character.
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Link to the article.

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2699 ... gent_venom

By the way - why are the character updates slow.???

Before Black Bolt , we used to debate a lot on who the character is supposed to be..

No teasers now..
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They should have listed the name as Agent Venom (Flash Thompson) just so it seems a little different. I mean if they were doing for a Symbiote, it would have been cool to see Anti-Venom or Toxin.