Healing Powers

sybercide
sybercide Posts: 32
Could we please let those characters who have "heal" abilities be carried out of the match. Yeah, it's nice to get healing in the round you are playing to
avoid defeat, but it's just for that match up or wave battle. I want that healing to carry over into the lobby. Spiderman 3*, KK, DrS 3*, OMW, and OBW, all have this ability. When somebody gets healed, that should be it. Daken and Wolverine both have a self heal that continues out to the lobby, so why not
these other character's specials? This would certainly help in reducing health pack consumption, and would feel like more of a continuity for the game since we carry damage out of matches, certainly would make sense to carry healing out of matches as well. LET THE HEALING BEGIN!! healthpack.pnghealthpack.pnghealthpack.png

Comments

• seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    sybercide wrote:
    Could we please let those characters who have "heal" abilities be carried out of the match. Yeah, it's nice to get healing in the round you are playing to
    avoid defeat, but it's just for that match up or wave battle. I want that healing to carry over into the lobby. Spiderman 3*, KK, DrS 3*, OMW, and OBW, all have this ability. When somebody gets healed, that should be it. Daken and Wolverine both have a self heal that continues out to the lobby, so why not
    these other character's specials? This would certainly help in reducing health pack consumption, and would feel like more of a continuity for the game since we carry damage out of matches, certainly would make sense to carry healing out of matches as well. LET THE HEALING BEGIN!! healthpack.pnghealthpack.pnghealthpack.png

All healing used to work that way. Several months back all of the "heal teammates" powers (Spidey, Halloween Costume BW, etc) were changed to burst healing, while self-heals (Wolvie variants, Daken, Deadpool) were generally true healing.

The general assumption seemed to be that this was done entirely to chew up health packs. So don't expect it to be switched back any time soon. icon_e_wink.gif
  • That for Steam? I don't recall any holiday themed characters on mobile, and healing has always been "burst" on mobile except the characters you already know to be true healing. Health packs are not a heavily purchased item by any means, so for them to try to make us purchase them would be silly. Honestly,
    I really don't regularly use many of the healing characters, just thought that when I did, it would be nice to not be temporary.
  • seraphiel
    seraphiel Posts: 56 Match Maker
    sybercide wrote:
    That for Steam? I don't recall any holiday themed characters on mobile, and healing has always been "burst" on mobile except the characters you already know to be true healing. Health packs are not a heavily purchased item by any means, so for them to try to make us purchase them would be silly. Honestly,
    I really don't regularly use many of the healing characters, just thought that when I did, it would be nice to not be temporary.

Nah, this was a really long time ago, over a year or more. The change to burst healing was a big part of 3* Spidey being nerfed (combined with his stun being reworked around the same time).

And that's just what I call 2* BW since she looks like she got lost on her way to a Halloween party. icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah I don't know anyone that buys them. I barely ever even use them except in cases where OML isn't tanking adequately for a mission. I know some people hoard taco tokens to get health packs if they go through a lot. Regardless, I don't see them reverting everyone off of burst healing any time soon.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I believe we all know they did this to make us chew through health packs. Whether that means the devs are money grubbers or they want us to use better strategy, who knows.

But long story short, they only give true healing to characters who have a healing ability in the comics. KK, spidey, OBW... there is no healing ability (unless you count the fact that BW technically has the super soldier serum in her, which helps heal... on that note all cap characters should heal too, maybe mystique as well). But wolverine, x-23, daken, deadpool... they all have healing abilities in the comics. The only character that comes to mind that heals in the comics but does not in this game are the Hulks.