MPQ Third Year-End Poll - POLL CLOSED

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello fellow tile-matchers!

MPQ has entered their Fourth year! Some of us have been here from the beginning, while many of us joined during last year’s anniversary or sometime this year. Last year I created the “Second Year-End Poll” (https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34297). When I made it last year it was shortly after Anniversary II but this year I did an Anniversary III Poll (https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53478), which pushed this one further. However, I added some changes/additions that occurred after the last poll before the 2015 year ended, such as the implementation of Command Points (CP), the release of Totally Awesome Hulk and Venom Bomb PVE. I would love to do this at the end of each year but I work in Human Resources which is our busy season (e.g. Benefits, ACA)

Nonetheless, Looking back at "Second Year-End” poll we saw many huge changes that many new players probably take for granted nowadays such as: Time Slices, yes the events would start and end at the same time for everyone; Extension of 20-player Alliance, the max was 5 and if you wanted more you had to pay HP for them; then we also saw major new additions such as DDQ, Legendary Tokens and 5*’s. Clearly this is not the same game that I started playing back prior to the first Anniversary. Does Year 3 compare to Year 2 in terms of huge changes and additions, you decide.

Just like all my prior polls, they are conducted using SurveyMonkey. Unfortunately this means I can only accept the first 100 responses. Therefore, if you would like to participate then please do this soon as the Anniversary III poll reached 100 responses in less than a hour. This poll is set it up the same as Last year’s poll. The choices of each question are in order of their appearance. There were many additions/changes to the game that had multiple revisions such as the PVE Scaling as they were tested first before fully implemented. Thus, the selections are ordered based on when they first appeared in the game. If you see any mistakes or something missing then please let me know in the comments.

There are 9 questions in total on three pages. I recommend completing this on a computer instead of your mobile device. The average time to complete will be roughly 7-10 minutes. Last year there were 10 questions, ‘Worst Nerfs’ is removed because there were no nerfs this year!

Link to survey below:
SurveyMonkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NVBR3F8

Thank you for Participating! icon_razz.gif

Categories Include:
Biggest Surprise in Year Three
Best New Additions in Year Three
Best Changes in Year Three
Best Character Buff in Year Three
Best New Character in Year Three
Favorite PVP in Year Three
Favorite PVE in Year Three
Wish List for Year Four

Note: Mods, can you please re-sticky this? icon_e_wink.gif

Prior Polls I created:
Anniversary III Poll: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53478
Second Year-End Poll: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34297&hilit=+poll
April 2015 Poll: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=28154
July 2015 Poll Part 1: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31552
July 2015 Poll Part 2: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31768

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I am exhausted and maybe just having a brain fart, but can someone explain "Max progression rewards are lowered"?

Is this about when they lowered the target for max progression before pushing it back up again recently? The change from token to CP?
  • Punisher5784
    deadtaco wrote:
    I am exhausted and maybe just having a brain fart, but can someone explain "Max progression rewards are lowered"?

Is this about when they lowered the target for max progression before pushing it back up again recently? The change from token to CP?

Yes I believe so. I apologize, I was not playing the first half of 2016 so I had to go by the details in the News and Announcements thread. Apparently it was lowered but I do not know the extent of it. You can simply click "N/A" if you do not recall a particular change/addition.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Progression was insanely high to reach the LT for a long time. The recent higher progression levels were simply because of dev carelessness.

And they switched to CP as rhe final reward when LT tokens got broken up.

That last question checked about every option.

wrote in

more progression rewards after earning 4 star

and removing older 4 stars from latest LTs and keeping all 5 stars in them.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Unless this is a survey to see how long people are willing to take surveys, waaay too long, gave up on page 2.
    Championing = Best
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    By question 5 my eyes glazed over and I picked one thing rather reading through the whole thing. Nearly did that at question 2 but I powered through it.
  • Punisher5784
    Hendross wrote:
    Unless this is a survey to see how long people are willing to take surveys, waaay too long, gave up on page 2.
    Championing = Best

I placed a Warning in my post that it is long. Sorry. icon_redface.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    the only thing that came to mind when going through the options was no option for the pvp defensive team change that killed the low-level cakes. some would list it as a positive change and others a negative change. other than that, I'm interested to see the results.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never realized how many things have been added only in last few months
    filled out the Survey, but only started playing in July
  • Punisher5784
    TxMoose wrote:
    the only thing that came to mind when going through the options was no option for the pvp defensive team change that killed the low-level cakes. some would list it as a positive change and others a negative change. other than that, I'm interested to see the results.

AH I FREAKING FORGOT!! That is so major.. I feel like restarting this poll now

Ugh it's because I used the News and Announcements, and this was kind of steathed into the game.. thanks for the remainder
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did it! I love taking polls! Yay!!!!
  • Punisher5784
    Hey everyone,

Thank you to those who have completed the poll. I understand the poll is long and time consuming so I appreciate you taking the time to complete it. Although some things seem very obvious, these polls help the devs understand the playerbase more whether it feels like it or not. Many changes and additions that were implemented this year were expressed on the poll.

I currently have 78 responses, so we only need 22 more. If you have not done so already, please take the poll.

Thanks again and keep on matching! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:

AH I FREAKING FORGOT!! That is so major.. I feel like restarting this poll now

Ugh it's because I used the News and Announcements, and this was kind of steathed into the game.. thanks for the remainder

That stealth technology isn't very good!! When the defensive team change happened the forum was lit a fire and I think line app almost crashed.
    icon_lol.gif
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Gotcha, done.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Responded. Well done. Now I am waiting to see results icon_e_smile.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Some would say Devil Dino was nerfed.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    deadtaco wrote:

Yes I believe so. I apologize, I was not playing the first half of 2016 so I had to go by the details in the News and Announcements thread. Apparently it was lowered but I do not know the extent of it. You can simply click "N/A" if you do not recall a particular change/addition.

Oh, ok. Well in that case I don't think that is something one could say is good because the target has been moved back up. They had lowered it around the time they last ran "The Hulk" and you could get max progression with only 3 clears or so of each node.

That did not last long. They have since jacked it back up to 4 full clears and in the case of EOtS, they put it up so high it was near-impossible without heavy grinding (like 6 clears)
  • Punisher5784
    Berserk Al wrote:
    Some would say Devil Dino was nerfed.

Ugh I forgot him under Buffs.. thank you for pointing this out.