LR times

The Bob The
The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
I've noticed that, unlike in previous years (IIRC), Lightning Round times have not adjusted back an hour to correspond with Daylight Savings Time (in the past, I believe they were moved from 1p EST to noon after the fall change). Let me be clear that I am FINE with this, but I'd like to know if a change is coming, or if they shall henceforth commence at 1p EST forever and ever and always, amen.

Also, while I've got your ear: Any chance of getting a preview screen for the start of a week's LRs? Huh? Maybe? Please?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs have ignored Lightning Rounds for over a year, with the exception of changing LR tokens to Heroic. I do not anticipate any changes made to Lightning Rounds, which is very unfortunate icon_e_sad.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    what makes it curious is that the timing shift was a change this year compared to previous years. so someone has changed 'something' in LRs. we just didn't get the heads up, nor was it anything of benefit to us. personally I liked the shifted time better (old winter LR timing - my odd hours), but whatever. wish they'd make them more interesting. problem is, once they start dabbling, who knows what we end up with.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    How hard would it really be to rotate some different chars into the rounds? A simple thing like that would definitely boost the engagement numbers
  • The Bob The
    Phumade wrote:
    How hard would it really be to rotate some different chars into the rounds? A simple thing like that would definitely boost the engagement numbers

I want to agree but am afraid to because whatever dabbling they do might result in the bizarre, unexplained alchemy that brings us the hero week 2* bonanza.
  • The Bob The
    Just noticed the move. This is a bug/technical issue? Is it because it's about time?
  • TxMoose
    could look something like:

avengers week A (heros) = hulk, gsbw, steve, thor, im40
    avengers week B (heros) = panther, witch, vision, quicksilver, (falcon or spidey)
    xmen week (heros) = Cyclops, storm, psylocke, patch, beast
    hell's kitchen week (heros and villains) = cage, fist, hood, bullseye, daredevil
    general heros week A = kk, marvel, squirrel, shulk, gamora (might not work color-wise, but thematically for a general women's hero week maybe?)
    general heros week B = grocket, torch, sentry, colossus, deadpool (or blade or strange or sentry)
    general villains week (mostly x and avengers villains) = daken, mags, loki, mystique, rags (or ock or doom)

not covered - blade, ock, strange, sentry, punisher, doom, falcon/spidey (whichever not used for avengers B). a little juggling for good synergy groups and other comic lore I'm not familiar with and should be able to be easily implemented. 7-8 week rotation that keeps everything fresh and thematically together. my guess is this would start a buzz about LRs and increase engagement. I'd love to see this.

not sure I have all the characters listed exclusively. numbers don't add up to 41 like they should lol.

edit: no idea why this was moved to bugs. we comment on a change in the schedule and it gets buried in bugs. thanks.....
  • TxMoose
    way to kill the discussion about something that's not a bug and wasn't claimed to be a bug. thanks over-modder.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get the feeling that the rewards in LR have been downgraded: after 37 battles, I have received only 4 2* rewards (2 covers and twice 250 ISO). I didn't pay attention in the previous weeks, but I used to get a lot more 2* covers (5 Bagmans last week alone!).
    Am I just unlucky this time or has anybody else noticed this?

EDIT: 8 more battles and 8 more 1* rewards icon_e_sad.gif
  • The Bob The
    I think it's just bad luck. I've been swimming in 2*s this week.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's just bad luck. I've been swimming in 2*s this week.

Hope so, I'm at 56 1* rewards out of 61 now... 5 min till the next round, let's see what happens this time.