# of covers or usefulness

smkspy
smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just started 4 star champing phase of my personal progression. Currently have Hulkbuster, Fury, and Iceman champed.

When I was champing 3 stars, I generally followed the idea that maxed characters with multiple covers waiting in the RQ took priority then came general gameplay usefulness. It's why Mostorm was my first champed 3, yet I did sell off plenty of 3s during the trek to 40 like Sentry, Psylocke, and Rags as they were the very last unchamped 3s. It was easy to sell off those covers since I knew 3s would come around on a regular basis.

Champing 4 stars is a bit different though. Since covers aren't dependable, when I pull that 14 or 15th cover for a maxed four, kinda feel like they need to be champed even if I have better 4 stars at 10-12 covers that I could level up and prepare for champing instead. This leads to my current predicament.

Right now I have two Mr Fantastic covers sitting in my RQ and eventually a third coming when my 181 Black Panther hits 183. Only have him at level 100, and I know he is the 4 star version of Psylocke or Rags...yet because pulling covers is rare, there is a feeling like I should champ him despite the fact that he kinda stinks.

Meanwhile, I also have a single Antman in my RQ that I could apply if I champ him instead...but again, it's like why champ him when I could just level up my 12 cover Cyclops or 10 cover Jean Grey.

While the plan is to champ all 4 stars like I did with 3s, the strategy doesn't quit feel the same.

So how is everyone approaching their 4 star champing strategy. Did you champ the whichever characters because of pulled extra covers or did you just sell them focusing instead on developing top tier 4s?