Bad Arlinn!

Options
Yvendros
Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Why can't she flip if there aren't any werewolves out?! Lame...

Comments

• octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is the one thing that bugs me about her.

Also her fetch is broken. That bugs me too.

Also her abilities are probably just a touch too expensive - with games as fast as they are, it's rare I even flip her in the first place.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    how is her fetch broken,?

Totally agree you should be able to flip her with out WW's out, its poor design.

flipped summon werewolves token ability is totally not worth it
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Abenjes wrote:
    how is her fetch broken,?

Totally agree you should be able to flip her with out WW's out, its poor design.

flipped summon werewolves token ability is totally not worth it

Once you summon 4 of the same WW, it won't fetch any more of them until you play 40 cards in your deck. This is in direct contrast with *every* other fetch in the game that will generate a new 40 card deck for you in order to make the fetch work - e.g. Kiora's 2nd ability, gather the pack, tarzi, sylvan messenger (with itself), etc.
  • glggwp
    glggwp Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    and they charged $35 for her...
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wait a second here: People actually transform Arlinn?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Wait a second here: People actually transform Arlinn?

You don't?

The good stuff is on the back.
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so far, i only transform her for win-more. her first ability on her first side is awesome enough. i can run one less removal in my deck.

all the other abilities are werewolf specific, so i understand why MAYBE you'd need a werewolf to flip her. but if i'm not drawing any creatures, i'd love to make some tokens...
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yvendros wrote:
    so far, i only transform her for win-more. her first ability on her first side is awesome enough. i can run one less removal in my deck.

all the other abilities are werewolf specific, so i understand why MAYBE you'd need a werewolf to flip her. but if i'm not drawing any creatures, i'd love to make some tokens...

Yup this right here.

I need those tokens because I don't have a werewolf!
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Yvendros wrote:

Yup this right here.

If you combine Ulrich and Geier Reach Bandit, you don't need additional tokens. That's why I was wondering why you would flip Arlinn. The first two abilities are so useful that flipping her would remove your utility.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    Yvendros wrote:

Yup this right here.

If you combine Ulrich and Geier Reach Bandit, you don't need additional tokens. That's why I was wondering why you would flip Arlinn. The first two abilities are so useful that flipping her would remove your utility.

Flipping Arlinn with Ulrich out allows you to kill an opponent's creature almost every turn if you play it correctly. Even those pesky Rattlechains. If Ulrich is on human side, pay 3 loyalty to flip him and kill something. Next turn you can pay 3 more to flip him back to human side, buffing him by 4, then attack. Just don't cast anything and he naturally flips and kills something. So not only does he keep getting bigger at a faster rate, he also doesn't take damage from gaining berserker while pushing through more damage to the opponent.

But I do agree with the OP, she should be able to flip whenever you want her to. And also octal9's point about the fetch. That really needs to be fixed. In the EC events I specifically used one werewolf in my deck so I could just fetch 6 and naturally draw cards for my eldrazi objective. That didn't work out unless I stalled forever and burned through my original 40 cards. Instead I would typically fetch/draw 3 then attempt to flip Arlinn so I could use the second ability to summon the three tokens (my Arlinn is only lvl 50). Sometimes I had a hard time flipping her since I was using the werewolf with defender. That meant it had to survive a turn before I could flip Arlinn. Obviously poor planning on my part but if she worked logically it wouldn't have been an issue.