Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Invisible Woman

Options
jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Thanks to the Professor X re-run, characters with invisibility skills have run back to back! I bumped her up to 94 before championing was introduced so I could find her before all the 2*s in my roster. If I had known that we were going to get a way to filter, I definitely would have left her at 70.

Previous Runs

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking forward to this with my lv271 Sue Storm! Muahahaha
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was "lucky" to pull two icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png yesterday. I guess my 1/2/1 (level 94) Sue is now well prepared for her crash against Quicksilver. icon_e_wink.gif
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,287 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The fable champed icon_invisiblewoman.png . I heard it existed, but have never seen such a thing!
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am assuming my 3/4/3 level 185 Sue will be able to hide her way to victory!
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The fable champed icon_invisiblewoman.png . I heard it existed, but have never seen such a thing!

LVL 282 icon_invisiblewoman.png right here! icon_e_biggrin.gif She's tied with X-Force Wolverine as my highest LVL 4 star. I'm keeping all my 5-stars at that level as well.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Will the changes to her take effect before or after the clash?

Changes should go live on the 17th with the new season, and this crash will be on the 18th.

So, everyone will get to test their brand new Invisible Woman! And make Strike Tiles! Yowza, watch out Quicksilver!
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Yesterday I opened a token and when I saw it was an icon_invisiblewoman.png cover, I got excited because I thought it was perfect timing for this crash. Then I realized it was another yellowflag.png cover which I already have 5. Boo!

Will have to make do with my 5/1/4 lvl 105 Sue and hope that is enough.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Great timing since I get a IW green from Shield Resupply the morning of the Crash.
    With her improvements I expect to finally win a CotT for the 2nd time ever (1st was 4clops).
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lvl 278 champed 4/5/5 Invisible Woman here. I admit, I did still use +2 yellow/red, +2 green/black, and +2 all still.

First turn, match 5 yellow, go invisible. About 10 turns in, and Quicksilver is down without landing a single blow!

Prize is: yellow Kingpin. I don't need the cover, but the Iso from selling him plus my normal daily gameplay Iso should allow me to Champion Sue's husband today!
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took me three tries today with 3/2/5 level 102 Invisible Woman thanks to the first board being completely against me (no green, tons of blue) and the game crashing on me during the second. The only part that really annoyed me is that Quicksilver seems to always prioritize green over everything else, even though you'd think he'd be going for black or blue tiles first. Probably just my bad luck as usual. The change to her green made it a lot easier to take him down when I could actually generate enough AP, at least.

I had great luck with the LT, though - got my twelfth Iceman token, making him 4/4/4. He'll be my third fully-covered 4 star if I can just get one more. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got it on my first try with my 157 5/5/2 EW, pulled my first 5* drstrange_icon.png
  • dpoch
    dpoch Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat on my 1st try with a 5/5/3 level 100 IW (leveled from 71 to avoid wasting health packs but not investing too much ISO) & boosts to green & extra AP in yellow & all colors. Ended with less than 400 health, but an LT is still an LT to add to the somewhat diminished token hoard (redeemed a lot recently to get more 3* Strange & a few 5* latest legends I was missing).
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Black Duke wrote:
    I was "lucky" to pull two icon_invisiblewoman.pngblueflag.png yesterday. I guess my 1/2/1 (level 94) Sue is now well prepared for her crash against Quicksilver. icon_e_wink.gif
    This crash wasn`t that easy as I thought. I`ve made it on my fifth attempt using +1 Y/R, +1 all and +20% match damage boost. Lucky Quicksilver got the blue he needed to take me down four times in a row! But finally I had a good starting board with much green and less blue so that I was able to beat him.

LT yields icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png bringing him to 5/3/5. He is ready to champion now! icon_e_smile.gif
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got it done with 4/3/0 level 120, but it took 3 tries with +2 R/Y, +2 all, and +100% match damage. The first couple boards I got were terrible, kept cascading yellows into my invisibility tile, or blues into insta-death.

This is my first time on this crash, so I was curious: did it get nerfed? Quicksilver's AoE was only doing ~2,000 damage per pop, so even at level 120 (where Sue has ~6000 health), she could take a couple hits from it and survive. The matchup looked a lot harder on paper than it was,what with an enemy with an AoE attack.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat it first try with my 3/5/5, lvl 186, though thanks to a bad board she only had 1K left in health at the end of it. Still, I like the rework of the powers. Not as immediately fun to play as the Starlord or Cho reworks (haven’t used her in a team yet), but 7K damage for 10 green ain’t bad, especially if you got the blue strike tiles out first.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mine is 1/1/1 and I was sad because I could no longer place my bubbles, protecting me from having a bunch of TU tiles and then no other match but blue. I feel like this match is much more manageable when you can choose what to bubble. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3/1/1 lvl 115, +2 yellow/red, +2 all. After 4 tries, (3 times board dominated by blue tiles, almost no yellows) finally got icon_blackbolt.png . Well worth the effort.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My icon_invisiblewoman.png is lvl280 at 3/5/5, all I had to do is match greentile.png & attack icon_quicksilver.png with greenflag.png & it damaged his health about 2/3. So it was the matter of just whittling his health down whilst being invisible. Ended the match with 95% health left to Sue. Pretty easy I have to say.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Options
    I've got her champed too! One of my first 4* champed characters! She wasn't useless, just that people loved to attack her in pvp. I won tons of matches with her before the update.

Her green does damage even if no bubbles on the board.

Invisibility was great, but it took forever to kill quciksilver with match damage. better to just keep matching greens and kill him that way. Quicksilver doesn't do very much damage. Even his blue is pretty weak.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Took three tries with a 5/3/2 IW at level 100. Got a Kingpinn black for my trouble. I used a yellow AP boost but it ended up not being necessary on the successful attempt, since I was very flush with yellow the whole time.

First two tries QS inexplicably cascaded into a 4-match destroying my Invis tile at the perfect time to hit me with his green, so I was getting a touch frustrated even after just a couple attempts. Glad it didn't go much farther.