Wanted: New toon releases in heroics

LLohm
LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
I'm seeing some pretty positive reactions to heroics pve recently. Perhaps it's time to consider a new toon release?

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    No

Simply put no (because a one word answer isn't allowed).

Would be a completely stupid thing to do because its not a fair fight - those who have the boosted characters for that heroic get far to much of a head start on those who don't in heroics because its a lock out not just a boost.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing I want is the removal of the word "Toons" from the forums.

These are comic book characters, not cartoons. You didn't call your action figures, dolls did you? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Nope, no, nopeity nope, please no, no, nope, no and further more no.

This would be an absolutely awful suggestion to implement. As MPQ moves into the four star era and boosted characters are now evenly split anybody not deep into the four star transition would be at a severe disadvantage to a three star player.

Heroics are either fun or awful depending on who is boosted.

So again please never do this!!!
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll clue you in.

I think everyone who dislikes them stopped playing entirely or stopped playing during them.

The dev won't budge, give us a rental team or get rid of them so people adjust
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    My guess is that there's two big reasons that this heroic was palatable.
    1- Dr. Strange and revamped Star Lord do very well as the majority of nodes had at least one goon in it.
    2- The last two PVE events had screwed up scoring where you had to grind extra hard to hit progression. Getting back to normal 4 clears, even if in a heroic, is bound to be well received.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away. The Heroic events used to give new releases. And there was nothing but pain, suffering and heart ache. After a while, the Demi Gods took pity on use mere mortals and decreed that from that point forward, never again shall a Heroic reward a new release. And there was much rejoicing in the kingdoms. Peace and happiness has reigned since.

Please do not ask to go back to those dark days.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Heroics suck
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    vinsensual wrote:
    My guess is that there's two big reasons that this heroic was palatable.
    1- Dr. Strange and revamped Star Lord do very well as the majority of nodes had at least one goon in it.
    2- The last two PVE events had screwed up scoring where you had to grind extra hard to hit progression. Getting back to normal 4 clears, even if in a heroic, is bound to be well received.

Boosted 4Clops & boosted SL destroyed this heroic. But that's the thing about Heroics. Sometimes you get stuck with **** characters & the whole event blows.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards

These are comic book characters, not cartoons. You didn't call your action figures, dolls did you? icon_e_wink.gif

Toon is more derivative of platoon than cartoon.

You deploy platoons into combat in your role as a commander. See Enders Game as a reference.

Not many people read Orson Scott Card, so assume it's a cartoon reference because that's the common abbreviation.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toons is still horrible...and referring OSC only makes it worse.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    I think they should add them. Everyone complains about stuff but they still keep on playing anyway. Maybe if those people missed a new release every now and again they'd suddenly realise that it's not the end of everything.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they should add them. Everyone complains about stuff but they still keep on playing anyway. Maybe if those people missed a new release every now and again they'd suddenly realise that it's not the end of everything.

Why do you feel Heroics should add new releases? You did not indicate a reason.

As far as player's complaints, if we don't speak up about what works and doesn't works then there would be no improvements to the game and things like DDQ and SCL might not exist.

Missing new releases isn't going to help either. When you miss a new character, you might as well miss the next PvE event cause you don't have the essential then you have to pray you pull that character from a token later on for the next time that character us essential.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, a new release isn't essential in the pve to make progression...definitely takes more work though...and now we earn that new release 2/3 of the way through post release event.

But in my case, my highest 4 stars ended up being characters I didn't obtain during their release events. Whereas those that I have are languishing with 1-4 covers.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    But you can get new characters in progression now
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Eddiemon wrote:

Toon is more derivative of platoon than cartoon.

You deploy platoons into combat in your role as a commander. See Enders Game as a reference.

Not many people read Orson Scott Card, so assume it's a cartoon reference because that's the common abbreviation.

A platoon comprises of a group of people. In this game people refer to a "toon" as a single character, so no, to me toons is still an abbreviation of cartoon, and a pretty damn dumb way of calling characters.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like heroics, but having a new release that I only have one cover for as an essential character while playing with a limited roster is no fun
    (granted my Elektra only had two covers and i did fine last one