Best way to get more ISO

richterbelmont10
richterbelmont10 Posts: 186
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So for the first time in a long time, I'm short on ISO (I used to have several hundred thousand; it's all gone). I don't even have enough to finish my 2* farm, and I won't have enough to champ my 3* Blade (I'll be getting his 13th cover next PvE). I know about mining ISO from Lightning Rounds. Are there any other tricks on getting more ISO?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    So for the first time in a long time, I'm short on ISO (I used to have several hundred thousand; it's all gone). I don't even have enough to finish my 2* farm, and I won't have enough to champ my 3* Blade (I'll be getting his 13th cover next PvE). I know about mining ISO from Lightning Rounds. Are there any other tricks on getting more ISO?

Open wallet, and select the icon in the upper right corner. LOL

but seriously most of the iso is now locked in the ranking system.

The biggest iso sources are:
    1. rank levels : usualy a 25-35k iso pop
    2. Doing LRs: usually 2-3k per round assuming you have the ability to play beyond seeds to a competive rank.
    3. Doing a pve sub. usually worth 8-10k per sub opening.

edit: I'm assuming your looking for f2p options, but VIP is actually the best option for amassing iso for a relatively modest sum. Putting aside the iso you can directly recieve, the ability to bypass the shield intercept ads and still get the rewards is effectively double or tripling iso for no additional time wasted or money spent.

yes you can just watch the ads, but that time adds up, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were 10 min of ads in a typical 90min opening or closing pve grind.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    play many pvp matches all at one

Just playing the Strange event to 344 Points got me about 4000 Iso

(some from selling pointless covers mind you)
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    In order of return on investment:
    1. Play every Story event node to 6/6.
    2. Play Lightning Rounds for the entirety of their duration every week, skipping no one, until you cannot play/win any more.
    3. Play every Versus event and skip no one, until you cannot play/win any more.
    4. Grind SHIELD Sim constantly, again skipping no one until you cannot play/win any more.
    5. Link your Facialbook account to the game and add every single person you can discover to your friends list.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Worth pointing out that the Facebook and SHIELD Intercept stuff isn't universal. Most people may play on iOS/Android, but...not everybody.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Worth pointing out that the Facebook and SHIELD Intercept stuff isn't universal. Most people may play on iOS/Android, but...not everybody.

Someone get a forum bot and have this added to any thread where "Facebook sharing" or "SHIELD Intercept" is mentioned. LOL. Never let this dog die!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:

Someone get a forum bot and have this added to any thread where "Facebook sharing" or "SHIELD Intercept" is mentioned. LOL. Never let this dog die!

Shrug. I'm just saying, those things get thrown out there automatically when somebody says 'how can I farm more ISO?' The assumption is that of COURSE they have the ability to do those things.

Just pointing out that, y'know, those aren't universally helpful tips.
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Remember that you have about 14-15 days before a cover expire. Add 3 to 4 days for the ending of your blade cover's event. So it's about 17-19 days to champ blade. If you make 20k iso a day (which is not a difficult amount, you can make 40k+), you should have made 300k+ iso before the end of your cover.

Also, if you have a strong roster, no need to wait having a new full covered 2* character before selling the max champed one, one cover is enough if you can master the node with your 2 other characters. You can also do your selling considering the 2* rotation in pve.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are there any other tricks on getting more ISO?

Add up how much time you spend playing MPQ in a day and then double that.
    Here are my top 10 tips on how to accomplish this:

1. Play when you're going #2
    2. Play at work when no one is looking
    3. Play on the bus/train/subway/carpooling
    4. Play during commercials
    5. Play while you eat
    6. Get less sleep
    7. Eliminate some other hobbies
    8. If you don't have a spouse/significant other, don't get one
    9. If you have a spouse/significant other, get him/her addicted to MPQ
    10. Don't play on steam
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't use boosts. I saw my ISO intake go up dramatically when I stopped boosting almost every match.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Balance of power is great for iso. You could keep switching characters in to fight. Just end with a weak team so you can be beaten down again and climb for more iso.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Don't use boosts. I saw my ISO intake go up dramatically when I stopped boosting almost every match.

This. It's insane how boost usage adds up. I'm being a bit tongue-in-cheek here, but boosts are like addiction: You use a little here and there to get over a hump, and then you start to treat that as the baseline, so now you've gotta boost on top of your boosts to get where you need to go, man, and if you let it go, you start to forget that your roster's pretty capable of handling most threats on its own. I have to remind myself to break the boost cycle every few months or so, and the resultant uptick in ISO is always a pleasant surprise.
  • Thank you for the tips! I don't really want to spend money on this game cause I'm broke and in debt, so for now I'll stay F2P. Also, I'm on PC/Steam so I can't do the mobile stuff. I will mine LRs though.

As far as PvP, I usually join in the last hour (Challenge Level 5 or 6) and climb and try to finish top 10 and hit 725 points to get the most HP. I usually don’t hit all those goals. Would it be better if I joined a PvP earlier and just climb and get hit, bouncing up and down?

This is my current situation: I got the final cover for my Blade, but he'll need 100,000 ISO to champ. Also, I have a 2* Bullseye (11/13 covers) and a 2* Thor (9/13 covers) and a 2* Moonstone (9/13 covers). When I get 13 covers for any of those, I'll need 75,000 ISO to champ them and start farming. Should I prioritize my 2* farm or champ Blade?
  • Dormammu
    Should I prioritize my 2* farm or champ Blade?

Cultivating your farm should only happen after you are well into the 3* tier and you're not relying on your 2* characters to be there for wins.
  • DFiPL
    Thank you for the tips! I don't really want to spend money on this game cause I'm broke and in debt, so for now I'll stay F2P. Also, I'm on PC/Steam so I can't do the mobile stuff. I will mine LRs though.

As far as PvP, I usually join in the last hour (Challenge Level 5 or 6) and climb and try to finish top 10 and hit 725 points to get the most HP. I usually don’t hit all those goals. Would it be better if I joined a PvP earlier and just climb and get hit, bouncing up and down?

This is my current situation: I got the final cover for my Blade, but he'll need 100,000 ISO to champ. Also, I have a 2* Bullseye (11/13 covers) and a 2* Thor (9/13 covers) and a 2* Moonstone (9/13 covers). When I get 13 covers for any of those, I'll need 75,000 ISO to champ them and start farming. Should I prioritize my 2* farm or champ Blade?

Meh. You can get to 100k ISO in 9-10 days of regular play, and that's assuming that the only ISO you earn is from DDQ, login, and PVE. That ignores SHIELD rank, and anything on the PVP side of the ledger. Go champion Blade, and worry about the 2* afterward. It's not like you'll be hurting for 2* covers to feed them once they ARE championed, and the sooner you get Blade going, the sooner he starts returning legendary tokens, command points, and 4* covers.
  • Dormammu wrote:
    Should I prioritize my 2* farm or champ Blade?

Cultivating your farm should only happen after you are well into the 3* tier and you're not relying on your 2* characters to be there for wins.
    I have of 34 of 40 champed of all the 3*. The only top-tier 3* not champed is Blade (and Strange if he's considered top-tier). The ones not champed are Sam Wilson, Colossus, Psylocke, Spidy, and Rags.
    DFiPL wrote:
    Meh. You can get to 100k ISO in 9-10 days of regular play, and that's assuming that the only ISO you earn is from DDQ, login, and PVE. That ignores SHIELD rank, and anything on the PVP side of the ledger. Go champion Blade, and worry about the 2* afterward. It's not like you'll be hurting for 2* covers to feed them once they ARE championed, and the sooner you get Blade going, the sooner he starts returning legendary tokens, command points, and 4* covers.
    Thanks, I'll think about doing this.
  • Dormammu
    The ones not champed are Sam Wilson, Colossus, Psylocke, Spidy, and Rags.

Can't blame you for not champing those, though there are worse 3* than Psylocke (not many, but Otto and Sentry come to mind). 3falcon is worth your iso. He may seem pretty meek but there isn't a better buddy for tile generators. He'll boost attacks and strikes to sick levels and can end a match quickly by doing so. I'd like to tell you that Spidey is worth your time, but he just isn't; as a defensive guy he's completely outclassed by others like 3cage and kamala.

P.S. I recently champed Dr. Strange and he's absolutely top-tier.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    A champed Rags is worth it for lightning rounds.

Otto is a beast when fighting Carnage.