DDQ Extra node??

PeeOne
PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm seeing an additional node... did we know this was coming??

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes.

There was a problem with Invisibility during Prof X's Crash of the Titans. They decided to re-run the Crash today to make up for the problem, and decided to run two Crash events, rather than skip or move Thing (the normal Crash for today) and mess up the schedule.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Oh thanks ... I must have missed the post!! Mind you I got that one done... my Thing is too weak lol
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully this won't be the last time we get more than one 4* ddq in a week.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Crowl wrote:

Well, we got this extra node because Prof. X vs. Elektra was broken last time (Elektra specials hit invisible Prof, X). As of my playing just now, it is still just as broken. So perhaps you'll get your wish, but from one of those jerk genies:

Two Crash nodes from now on!

But one of the nodes is always Prof. X vs. broken Elektra!

The frogurt is cursed, etc...

EDIT: The problem wasn't the genie, it was the jerk rubbing the lamp. The update went out six days ago, but my phone didn't auto-update like usual. Elektra's fixed - enjoy the frogurt, folks!
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Elektra node wasn't broken for me this time. Became invisible on the second turn and didn't take any damage the whole time.

And yes, two 4* DDQs a week would be great. Also, isn't it about time for a 5* DDQ??
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    As of my playing just now, it is still just as broken.

Just played it. Got Prof X invisible. Her Shadow Step and Ballet of Death were cast after. I remained invisible and no damage was taken by Prof afterwards. Easy win. I think that's the way these battles usually go. Maybe it is still broken IF Prof X is supposed to take damage from Shadow Step even when invisible.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    neither my thing nor prof x have what it takes
    (my 4 stars by and large are kind of weak)
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Thing stood tall and strong. Had it easy though since I do have an impressive championed Thing, so was able to push it on through to victory. Also, did it natural with zero boosts.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    As of my playing just now, it is still just as broken.

Just played it. Got Prof X invisible. Her Shadow Step and Ballet of Death were cast after. I remained invisible and no damage was taken by Prof afterwards. Easy win. I think that's the way these battles usually go. Maybe it is still broken IF Prof X is supposed to take damage from Shadow Step even when invisible.

Nope, this is how it's supposed to work. Prof X is a support character and one of his abilities is useless in a one-on-one fight, so he's pitted against a character with no AOE attacks as a mitigation. Elektra can still wipe him out, especially as she'll go for purple to feed her own ability, but with a little luck it's not difficult to just go invisible and chip her to death.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    ****? My invis prof X is still taking dmg from ballet of death.
  • Dalbok
    Dalbok Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Would be awesome for that to become a permanent feature. Even if you could only win one and had two options to try.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo wrote:

Shadow step also still broken! Seriously?
  • Long time lurker, first time poster.

Looked at nodes. Have 1 cover Thing, 2 purple Prof X. Great board with purple for me, toiled at chipping Electra's health but did it. My joy was tempered by my 11th IW
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:

Do you need to update? The invisibility bug was fixed.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Yes, check your updates. I passed the Way of Dumb early today so that others need not.
  • udonomefoo
    Yes, check your updates. I passed the Way of Dumb early today so that others need not.

Derp! I updated phone but not tablet. That also explains why whales failed in red shift on Friday.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    My first win with my lousy 2 cover Professor X! icon_lol.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prof was a breeze this time, i didn't see how high I buffed the 2 strike tiles, but she was getting chopped down pretty fast once he went invisible.

Thing, I had to bring him up to level 150 to win... and it was close.

Felt good getting 2 LT in one day... and then not pulling them.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    My Thing stood tall and strong. Had it easy though since I do have an impressive championed Thing, so was able to push it on through to victory. Also, did it natural with zero boosts.

In the end though, its all innuendo hotdog.png
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:

Well, we got this extra node because Prof. X vs. Elektra was broken last time (Elektra specials hit invisible Prof, X). As of my playing just now, it is still just as broken. So perhaps you'll get your wish, but from one of those jerk genies:

Two Crash nodes from now on!

But one of the nodes is always Prof. X vs. broken Elektra!

The frogurt is cursed, etc...

EDIT: The problem wasn't the genie, it was the jerk rubbing the lamp. The update went out six days ago, but my phone didn't auto-update like usual. Elektra's fixed - enjoy the frogurt, folks!

technically it's Invisibilty that was broken, not Elektra
    which I didn't even know about because I've only used invisibilty a handful of times