Strange artwork

Azoth658
Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it just me or are the in match pictures of three star strange and five star strange almost identical?

Surely there must be some other outfit they could have picked for one of the versions to create a point of difference. Wasn't the last time a set of powers and artwork so similar lazy thor and lazy daken (at least daken had a substantial difference in look)

I know the devs are trying a lot of stuff and also had to tie in with the strange film so I don't mind the power set being similar but surely the artwork team could have separated the two characters a bit more. Did I see new artwork on the latest heroic or did I just not play it when the artwork looked like this before (I don't often play heroics so could easily be that)?

Comments

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The 3-star version wears the movie outfit and the 5-star version wears the classic comic outfit. Probably the most noticeable difference is that the Eye of Agamotto on the movie 3-star version is green. Also the 5-star version has white trim on his cloak but the 3-star version doesn't.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look at their hands. 5* has gloves, 3* doesn't
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks, seems quite subtle to me. I guess I don't know strange well enough to know the different looks unlike cap, wolv, iron man, spidey.

Also was expecting a bit like cage and Punisher for the star levels to look completely different.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Also the 3* version is British but fakes an American accent whereas the 5* is U.S.-born. It's very subtle.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I can't count the number of times during EotS that I thought I was playing 3* Strange when I was actually playing 5* Strange, which really screwed me because I don't have a yellow cover for 5* Strange.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Thanks, seems quite subtle to me. I guess I don't know strange well enough to know the different looks unlike cap, wolv, iron man, spidey.

Also was expecting a bit like cage and Punisher for the star levels to look completely different.
    is it just me or does Punisher Max look a bit like Clark Kent? (likely the hair)
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    They should have given the 3 star the classic outfit and the 5 star the movie outfit, to fit the other 5 stars based off the MCU. Except classic Strange's collar is totally worth 5 stars.