The Loser's League wants YOU!

Options
yunnnn
yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I am a man of many brags (see my latest: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54779).

However, I am also a man of many solutions. The tidal wave of annoyance, anger, and frustration against the tedium of the Emrakul event is known to me. So my friends, allow me to propose a possible solution. Let's make MtgPQ great again!

The Loser's League
As we all know, the Emrakul event is boring. And slow. The Loser's League aims to help all players in the only way we can... by making the competition worthless.

The Loser's League is not a coalition, it is not a secret team. There is no secret handshake. It is only a pact of unbreakable truth, with a single rule:
  1. Your non-event decks must suck.

In other words... purposely make all your non-event decks awful. Help your fellow brother and sister to win faster, and give them 5 or 10 or even 30 minutes back to their lives. Let's make this game great again!

How to join the Loser's League:
[list=4][*]Add your signature in a post below. Show your solidarity with this movement![/*]
[*]Change all your non-event decks to be as useless and bad as possible. The less board interactions, the better. No creatures is a good start.[/*]
[*]Feel free to also post any loser deck ideas. I've taken the first step and came up some creative deck ideas below.[/*]
[*]Tell your coalition and all your friends who still play the game![/*]
[*]Let's make America great again! Oops, I mean... make MTGPQ great again![/*]
[/list]

manablack.png Liliana manablack.png
Deck Concept: Nothing Reanimator
.eJwNwcsNwyAMANBduJePsROSNTpAhQiCSAkg7J6q7t6-91HvealdVZHBuzHHyanPQ7P0GUvWpfdy5ThO1qnfJorEVO_chA34sCAgBnI-bOAJDOBqKRAFWGlDRArmmWbOjWuXF1i3OOfg4ewf6dGK-v4AwbcnPQ.ku53sE5lUq3qt34KOl0ZKdr3JLI?width=300&height=500

managreen.png Nissa managreen.png
Deck Concept: All Buffs on You
.eJwFwcsNwyAMANBduBdj8wlkjQ5QIYIgUgIInFPV3fveVzzzEruozGPtAMe5Up-HXNxnLFmW3suV4ziXTP2GyBxTvXPjBaS9M2SMt6h9IG0JyGzKemu0cxR80EjwTjPntmrnDyl0iEgvVIrUJkcr4vcHwLAnOQ.MiH_lEmCQcfUJi1G_qTg1udbuW8?width=300&height=500

Comments

• wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wait, but if you get the AI to buff the player, the player may win too soon to get the secondaries.
  • wink
    Options
    Is there any way you can get the AI to give the player Eldrazi? There's a deck challenge for you.
  • Feagul
    Feagul Posts: 114
    Options
    On it. I'll report amazing findings later.
  • McQueen
    Options
    If you play with bounce spells, then you'll put objective cards back into your opponent's hand so they can recast them?
  • McQueen
    Options
    Ooh, perhaps there's some mileage in Necromantic Summons as well?
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Making these nerfed theme decks is the most fun I've had in this game for a while. =]
  • Foznertep
    Foznertep Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Love the idea! Already started to construct loser decks. Nissa was hard she has to put creatures in but I managed to fill the slots with power 1 goons. I also like putting as much card draw in as possible.
  • wink
    Options
    If you use Turn Against on say an Eldarzi, when it returns to its owner, does it count as a second casting for objective purposes?
  • Foznertep
    Foznertep Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just found a nice combo: Altar's Reap in a deck with Bonded Construct as the only creature icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So your solution to a supposedly boring event is to attempt to remove tension completely?

At this point, why not just play minesweeper on easy mode.

I can't be the only one that enjoys it when the occasional deck is so challenging I'm never sure if I might lose.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All my non-event decks are tuned for mastery -- they won't be a problem for anyone.

Except Nissa -- you might want to PM me on Slack before you play Nissa.
  • McQueen
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    I can't be the only one...

*crickets chirping*
  • Ohboy
    Options
    McQueen wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:

*crickets chirping*

Ah I see I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy God mode cheats in games.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    McQueen wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:

*crickets chirping*

Ah I see I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy God mode cheats in games.

i wish we could flair you as "the most fun at parties"

love the idea of loser's league. i think a full disable deck with no way of doing damage would be the best bet, stalling attacks without destroying anything. also mana generation of off colors would be brilliant
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    So your solution to a supposedly boring event is to attempt to remove tension completely?

I can't be the only one that enjoys it when the occasional deck is so challenging I'm never sure if I might lose.

*Emphasis added

I don't mind the occasional tough opponent, I also don't mind the occasional easy win either.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    majincob wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:

*Emphasis added

I don't mind the occasional tough opponent, I also don't mind the occasional easy win either.

Actually what I meant was, I would prefer if every game was challenging and pushed me to the edge, not the occasional game as is the norm now.
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    I would prefer if every game was challenging and pushed me to the edge, not the occasional game as is the norm now.

I, too, would like that! Although I do think there's a difference between 'challenging' and 'tedious'. The dividing line between these two is not very thin, let's face it, and yet somehow Emrakul's Corruption manages to fail spectacularly to get anywhere near it.
  • Ohboy
    Options
    Martin wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    I would prefer if every game was challenging and pushed me to the edge, not the occasional game as is the norm now.

I, too, would like that! Although I do think there's a difference between 'challenging' and 'tedious'. The dividing line between these two is not very thin, let's face it, and yet somehow Emrakul's Corruption manages to fail spectacularly to get anywhere near it.

Yeah it's not the best. I've said before many times the AI needs improving and true pvp would solve it instantly. Sadly progress on that front has been lacking.

But EC still provides the occasional challenge because we're hampered by objectives the opposing deck sometimes do not have, and that makes the race closer. I would really fall asleep if this is removed and now it's both tedious AND a walkover.