ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Polls are anonymous so please vote.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me it's a combination of too expensive and not willing to support the game financially, though the former was my poll selection. If things around here changed for the better, I'd likely feel more inclined to spend my money. I don't get why anybody in any business wouldn't want to make costumers happy.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's a decent card. If you drop it with a haunted cloak, you can potentially get at least two attacks out of it before your opponent can respond. Works even better with Nahiri. I haven't tried her 3rd ability on it yet but that could be a GG right there. Shrine of the Forsaken gods helps discount its cost quite nicely.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got her specifically for my Nahiri deck.
    Previously I was running her with Desolation Twins.

Emrakul seems faster though she is prone to single target removal where as you get 2 desolation 10/10 critters, making it harder for the AI to removal with single target spells.

with Emrakul, you do get a guaranteed free turn if the AI has a full deck and couldn't draw a new card while its cards in hand cost 13 more mana each for 1 turn.
    13/13 + 3rd ability + Uncaged Fury = game over for all current planeswalkers even at full health.

Emrakul also works great with Koth. Now I run DesoTwin and Emrakul with him.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't super impressed before seeing it in action, especially in conjunction with Deploy. I would be super happy to pull it out of a pack, but cards are expensive in general. I already spent on Ulrich, which is pretty much my whole budget for this game. Otherwise I would maybe consider it. Would work well with the discard/dark petition combo too
  • alextfish
    Options
    "Too expensive", but in the way that pretty much all the IAP in this game is "too expensive". I'd buy exclusive cards for $2-$5, not $20-$50.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    alextfish wrote:
    "Too expensive", but in the way that pretty much all the IAP in this game is "too expensive". I'd buy exclusive cards for $2-$5, not $20-$50.

Let's establish two things.
    1. price point (USD) - the crystal store gives me 100 for $5, or 3000 for $100. That leaves me with $1 buying me somewhere between 20 and 30 crystals.
    2. fat pack = 200 crystals (the vault offers fat packs for 200 crystals)

The Emrakul card bundle comes with a fat pack, 150 crystals, 10000 runes, and a mythic card for $30. If we ignore the runes, that's the equivalent of 350 crystals and a card.

350 crystals we know is worth either $17 (at the $1=20 point) or $11.67 (at $1=30). This leaves the card at a cost between $13 and $18.33. Neither quite in your price point, but nor is it inflated by the bundle pricing.

I'd be curious to see how many cards they'd sell if they didn't bundle it and drive up the cost.

edited: bundle comes with 150 crystals, not 500.
  • Ampmp11
    Ampmp11 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I want to support this game and help it continue, so I want to purchase something to keep the lights on. The big problem holding me back from spending is the real possibility of the game closing at a whim and my purchase goes away when the servers get shut down. With so much backlash recently from the community and the instability of the servers themselves it seems like it's only a matter of time before the game comes to an end. This makes me hesitant on purchasing anything at this time.
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ampmp11 wrote:
    I want to support this game and help it continue, so I want to purchase something to keep the lights on. The big problem holding me back from spending is the real possibility of the game closing at a whim and my purchase goes away when the servers get shut down. With so much backlash recently from the community and the instability of the servers themselves it seems like it's only a matter of time before the game comes to an end. This makes me hesitant on purchasing anything at this time.

Reading this devs? I hope so...
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    350 crystals we know is worth either $17 (at the $1=20 point) or $11.67 (at $1=30). This leaves the card at a cost between $13 and $18.33.

If the only way to get Emrakul is to have $30 leave your bank account, then the price of Emrakul is $30.

If a fat pack has a 1% chance of containing a card I actually want, and if I would be willing to pay $5 cash for a card I actually want, then the expected value of a fat pack is 5 cents. This reduces the cost of Emrakul to $29.94.

You could monkey around with the numbers so that the fat pack has a 10% chance of having a card you'd pay $10 for. If so, then the expected value of the fat pack is $1 and the cost of Emrakul is $28.99.

Either way, this is 3 to 30 times as much as a lot of people would consider to be reasonable.