Bravo! 2 for 2!

BillyBobJoe
BillyBobJoe Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I feel that the Totally Awesome Hulk rework was a complete success.

Now that I have played StarLord in the Heroic story, I feel that StarLord wins again.

His yellow rework is what makes him shine, especially against goons. You basically get a -2 AP to your abilities for the battle. Combined with Cyclops, who already is a killer, makes them unbeatable.

I'm sad that his purple damage took a hit, going from 5000+1500 to the target down to only 3000+1500 to the target.

But it gets made up with Red going from 7000 to 9000 (if the conditions are right).

All in all, a good rework. Looking forward to the IW and Reed reworks! *wink* *wink*

Comments

• Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    But didn't SL's purple get a huge boost in going from 1 tile to 3?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor

Yup. Granted that's only if all 3 go off, but they're placeable which helps a ton. I've been loving using Starlord and 4Cyke combo and I'm glad I champed Starlord. Great job on the devs part.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    His passive is what shines the most for me. Against goons, you get a very quick reduction in coats, letting cyc or cap go off much sooner, with no need to level SL.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Starlord purple went from 1-3 tiles, but each tile does 1/3 the damage of the old ability. Still better because now if one tile gets matched, youre still doing 66% damage instead of 0.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starlord purple is now like 3* cap for PVE. Back when 3* ruled 3* cap was awesome because he could overwrite so many tiles. Star lord does not have the AP return but against goons when he can make everything so much cheaper and overwrite 3 special tiles at a time he is a PVE beast. Unfortunately he is not as good in PVP because in PVP it is fairly easy to one shot him and then you don't have to worry about his abilities
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Starlord is at 2/2/0 and yet while powered up is still useful

Before the change he was trash in a previous event even while buffed

so bravo devs for doing these right
    DVtlyzVt.gif

btw my ChoHulk is 5/2/1 and has respectable results as well
    but Starlord/Strange is insanely powerful against goon nodes with Power Spamming Goons like Thugs or HAMMER Officer types
    (here's hoping the characters I use a lot don't get nerfed)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping Captain Falcon gets buffed next. I'm only 30k away from championing him.

Knowing my luck it'll be Elektra right after selling the free cover I got for her.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    I'm hoping Captain Falcon gets buffed next. I'm only 30k away from championing him.

Flaptain. Please.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards

Absolutely. Run him with IM40 and someone that makes countdowns with blue or green (Peggy/SquirrelGirl, for example). Goons set off Star Lord, Recharge now only costs 4, Star Lord's purple can be used to cover up Goon countdowns (or any tiles they manage to put out), get out more countdowns with the blue/green AP you got from Recharge, and you can unload enough damage with Star Lord's red that you don't ever even have to worry about the weak damage on Star Lord's purple. The strength in that power is covering up enemy tiles with countdowns that boost SL's red damage.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Venom please ^_^
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:

Absolutely. Run him with IM40 and someone that makes countdowns with blue or green (Peggy/SquirrelGirl, for example).

icon_kingpin.png says Hello! Lots of countdowns, and can generate yellow for Iron Man's Recharge if you need those AP instead.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:

Absolutely. Run him with IM40 and someone that makes countdowns with blue or green (Peggy/SquirrelGirl, for example).

icon_kingpin.png says Hello! Lots of countdowns, and can generate yellow for Iron Man's Recharge if you need those AP instead.
    Starlord and Kingpin...giving your enemies the finger
    Nhhqp0xo.gif