Selling Cover Slots Bundles

Hawkwood
Hawkwood Posts: 7
I love the game, it's the sort of game I'd be happy to drop $40-60 a year on (after all I play it as much as many console games), but I find myself running into a wall with covers. I'd love to be able to buy 10 extra cover slots for $20, because for me half the fun is collecting all the characters (not the 1 or 2 stars but it pains me when I have to throw away anything above that because I simply don't have the space).

As the roster grows with each update I feel like this is going to be an ongoing issue and I don't mind paying $20 every few months to keep up; I'm not the sort of player that needs to have all the best characters or have all maxed 5 stars but without being able to buy cover slots (except at what is rapidly becoming for me an incredibly high rate in gold) opening packs feels more like a chore than a joy sometimes.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't know where you are in the game but here are a coup,e of suggestions. I will assume you play more PVE then PVP.
    #1 farm your 2* so once you max champion a 2* and you pull an extra of that character sell the old one and re-roster that 2*. Championing 2* is one of the best ways to earn HP.
    #2 play PVP to get all the HP you can. Just in progression there is a good amount of HP. If you can start late you might get good placement as well. If your goal is HP don't worry about shielding.
    #3 watch shield intercept as often as you can or subscribe to VIP. If you are willing to spend $20 every couple months VIP might be the better option and you can skip the ads and get the extra rewards.
    #4 don't pull your LT until you have enough HP to roster a new character. Once you get a new character stop pulling. It sucks sitting on CP and tokens but in the long run it is better to.
    #5 get ll the HP you can get from season progression and simulator.
    There is actually a ton of HP in the game. I am over 1k days playing and I can use 2-3 shields per PVP and earn enough HP to roster a new character every 2 weeks. I was even able to re-roster 6 2* to start a 2* farm without spending any money in over a year. The HP is out there it is just sometimes hard to get.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Don't know where you are in the game but here are a coup,e of suggestions. I will assume you play more PVE then PVP.
    #1 farm your 2* so once you max champion a 2* and you pull an extra of that character sell the old one and re-roster that 2*. Championing 2* is one of the best ways to earn HP.
    #2 play PVP to get all the HP you can. Just in progression there is a good amount of HP. If you can start late you might get good placement as well. If your goal is HP don't worry about shielding.
    #3 watch shield intercept as often as you can or subscribe to VIP. If you are willing to spend $20 every couple months VIP might be the better option and you can skip the ads and get the extra rewards.
    #4 don't pull your LT until you have enough HP to roster a new character. Once you get a new character stop pulling. It sucks sitting on CP and tokens but in the long run it is better to.
    #5 get ll the HP you can get from season progression and simulator.
    There is actually a ton of HP in the game. I am over 1k days playing and I can use 2-3 shields per PVP and earn enough HP to roster a new character every 2 weeks. I was even able to re-roster 6 2* to start a 2* farm without spending any money in over a year. The HP is out there it is just sometimes hard to get.

Thanks for the suggestions! Just a few things I'd like to point out.

1. VIP is actually a terrible deal if you're looking to get covers. It provides 700 gold for $9.99 making it the single worst way to get gold for money (it's great for getting characters but that's not what I'm looking for)
    2. I play PVE & PVP but I'm not looking to put a huge amount of time into grinding; I'm actually not looking for free cover slots at all, I'm happy to spend on them, it's just that once cover slots start costing 700ish HP per slot that's a lot of money. If there was an option to buy cover slots rather than HP at a reduced rate (because you couldn't use that money to do other things like you can by buying HP) that would help the mid-core player a lot (the player who wants to collect, wants to be part of the game, but knows they're just never going to have the time to top 5 in the PVP events).
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I understand the idea and think it would help, but here is the problem:

eventually, roster slots cost 1k HP each. If you bought 10 roster slots, that's 10,000 HP for 20 bucks. If they had some sort of code that they wrote that looked at how many slots you had, and then gave you an extra slot than you would normally get for $20, that's cool. Meaning, for 20 bucks, I can essentially buy 2 roster slots right now. If I bought the roster slot package rather than HP, they could give me 3 slots for $20. That's not so bad, since I rarely spend HP on anything besides roster spots these days (and PVP shields, but not as often as I should).

In all honesty, to paraphrase the above poster (not the OP), there is a lot of HP to be found in the game. If you are a casual-ish player, then you probably don't finish high enough during new-release events, so you don't spend it as quickly as others. Also, you probably don't shield a ton in PVP either. This means, again to use the above poster, you should save all your CP and LT's, that way you don't open a new character if you don't have the HP already. Only open tacos (even these you might want to save) and the other tokens (they are all basically 2* anyways). I have 105 roster slots right now, and I have spent maybe $70 total over the past 18 months. Granted, most of the money I spend is during sales, so I get extra HP, but I have made it all last.