MPQ Rankings from an outside source

ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
so found this in this my google feed(https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... r.html?a=1) decent writeups and they actually have played the game.

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the link! Definitely an interesting read. Don't agree with each exact rank but that's totally subjective; the descriptions are pretty spot-on though.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    He ranks a few of them based on looks alone (Blade 4*, for example), and I'm not sure how that places them in the rankings... although I guess Cho's totally awesome hairdo is enough for a totally awesome placement.

Pretty informed descriptions overall though, it was a fun read.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the 3*s and up I find his rankings sketchy, but I can see why he ranks some of them based on his roster screencaps. icon_e_smile.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since good ole Brad is part of the S.H.I.E.L.D family and in S.H.I.E.L.D specifically, we all tried to adjust the rankings. However, as stated character rankings are very subjective. I would move a few around but the writeups are great. All in all he did a fine job.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the 3*s and up I find his rankings sketchy, but I can see why he ranks some of them based on his roster screencaps. icon_e_smile.gif

I noticed those wrong builds too...mentioned it to him in our line chat.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards

I noticed those wrong builds too...mentioned it to him in our line chat.

Heh, didn't notice he was shield. But it's true that different characters play better or worse at various stages in roster development.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    His 4* rankings are a bit sketchy. Iceman is a clear #1, but to have Thor and Deadpool ahead of RHulk, Punisher and Cyclops? Guess it's personal taste.
  • Orion wrote:
    His 4* rankings are a bit sketchy. Iceman is a clear #1, but to have Thor and Deadpool ahead of RHulk, Punisher and Cyclops? Guess it's personal taste.
    Don't be crazy. Peggy is the clear #1.
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Orion wrote:
    Sorry, but no.
    Iceman has better damage/AP ratios, self acceleration and the most reliable stun ability in the game.
    Peggy's passive is nice, but it's not enough to dethrone the Creepsicle.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Since good ole Brad is part of the S.H.I.E.L.D family and in S.H.I.E.L.D specifically, we all tried to adjust the rankings. However, as stated character rankings are very subjective. I would move a few around but the writeups are great. All in all he did a fine job.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif

I agree. I would quibble with the placement of several characters (e.g. elektra; i have a soft spot for her too, but her skillset is just too specific to have a ton of value in this game). But the write-ups are almost all on point and demonstrate an understanding of game and characters. A nice read.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 and 5* rankings are both a bit of a mess. Reads like he's in the ~4* level. Elektra, Wasp, Kate Bishop, Bolt, IM46 are notably out of whack, among others, IMO
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Piro_plock wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    Sorry, but no.
    Iceman has better damage/AP ratios, self acceleration and the most reliable stun ability in the game.
    Peggy's passive is nice, but it's not enough to dethrone the Creepsicle.

It's a tough choice but overall peggys passive is useful in all situations and she has a big stun on her blue just not the targeted enemy.

I really want a character who has a passive to always be out in front and reduce enemy ability damage (like collosus but better) Would be good to see something a little different in support roles. Cage was a good start with his fortified tiles but you have to build that defense up.