Guess the next character reworks

Mr_Sinister
Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm always impressed when I go to upcoming character threads and see people nail who it is and some even hitting cover that will be used. I now look forward to the character reworks even more than the new releases, so the anticipation of finding it who's next starts getting to me.
Use your powers of clairvoyance guess the upcoming character reworks!

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's simple. They are going to change that one character that has that power that does that thing. Instead of that, it will now do this.

icon_lol.gif Go ahead. Prove me wrong. icon_lol.gif
    seriously, I'm worried more about nerfs. Been a while, so we're due for one. Unfortunately, I can pretty ugh imagine who would be on the list.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    I'm going to guess...

Minor tweaks to phoenix and oml. Change iceman blue to only be able to punch a stunned character.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe this is why Hi-Fi is leaving.. he received the list of the upcoming nerfs he needs to communicate and said "screw this.. you deal with the angry players!" icon_lol.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    If we are talking buffs my guess would be Mr Fantastic. He does so little damage and is really lower tier and needs to be stronger as the leader of the fantastic four.

I can also see them skipping a season of buffs and needs as they just finished releasing a new 5* and 3* and a new event PVE and they have had a major rash of bugs. Rebalancing characters might have been shelved for a season
  • Mr_Sinister
    My guess is also Reed Richards. He's bad and needs love.

I don't believe they will shelve character rework. They help to reduce power creep.

They said 2 so the other is tough. My gut feeling says venom because I can count on one hand how many times I've seen him being used and truthfully don't think I've seen him champed once. That kind of representation I'm sure plays out in there numbers for use and needs addressing.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Spidey! Please, for the love of Pete! Give him some damage!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Spidey! Please, for the love of Pete! Give him some damage!

Amen! Let him throw a friendly protect tile (blowing it up) at an enemy for a nice chunk of damage instead of those silly bandages.

Reworks/Buffs I'd love to see: *** Spiderman, Psylocke, Mr. Fantastic, *** Punisher
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe this is why Hi-Fi is leaving.. he received the list of the upcoming nerfs he needs to communicate and said "screw this.. you deal with the angry players!" icon_lol.gif

Wait, he's leaving? So...now we'll get literally no communication at all outside of promotional stuff like sweepstakes and adverts.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    No one needs a buff more than 3* Hulk. Completely change Smash and rework Anger to actually be useful at higher levels.
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Reworks/Buffs I'd love to see: *** Spiderman, Psylocke, Mr. Fantastic, *** Punisher

I was just talking to my friend about Psylocke and Punisher. I would either buff Psylocke's damage of her red or the number of Strike tiles she puts out (keeping the minimum of 5 AP to use, obviously). That would make her more interesting to use. Punisher would also become more relevant (and safer to use) if his green was targetable (since this really doesn't synergize well with his Attack tiles of his black and even Strike tiles from any previous green).
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't comment on the 5-star tier, but:

4-stars:

Invisible Woman- Lowered AP costs, more damage.

The Thing - Lowered AP costs, more damage.

Mr. Fantastic- Largely pointless as he is.
    His blueflag.png should become a passive, automatically stunning the enemy in front for x number of turns. Every time it's fired a countdown should be generated, in which this passive can't fire again until the countdown has been resolved or matched (at lower cover levels the countdown number will exceed the number of turns stunned, i.e. 4 to 1. This could become 3 to 2.). If you match or destroy it yourself, a blue protect tile is generated. If the enemy matches it, Mr. Fantastic receives damage. This would also work well with Thing's Yancy Street Special.

His yellowflag.png should drop the "for each other Fantastic Four member on the team" stipulation. Or, that can exist as bonus AP, but the default should be 1 AP if you have no Fantastic Four team members.

His blackflag.png needs better damage and a lower AP cost.

X-Force Wolverine- His black needs to be restored to its original form, or an adaptation of it, in which it generates the AP of the a percentage of the tiles that are being destroyed.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Suddenreal wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:

I was just talking to my friend about Psylocke and Punisher. I would either buff Psylocke's damage of her red or the number of Strike tiles she puts out (keeping the minimum of 5 AP to use, obviously). That would make her more interesting to use. Punisher would also become more relevant (and safer to use) if his green was targetable (since this really doesn't synergize well with his Attack tiles of his black and even Strike tiles from any previous green).

I've already said what I thought should be done with Pun and Psy in a previous version of this thread. But playing with her in this heroic has actually been fun. I was having a blast, a rarity for a heroic, in the first sub with the team of SW, Beast, and Psylocke. The team had a nice flow to it and was a nice change of pace. Her boosted damage should be her normal damage. 6 ap for 1386 damage and a 333 attack tile isn't game breaking when Iron Fist makes a 500+ attack tile for nothing.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I'm expecting both invisible woman and Reed Richards to see a buff this season. They have so far focused on characters that just don't get played. I can't see any changes to characters like thing or five stars at this point no matter how much we call for them.

I'm expecting a real overhaul to invisible woman akin to that of quick silver rather than a simple rework of her powers. Same with reed although the passive with green ap might stay depending on sue rework. Hopefully they'll make it so playing sue reed and thing together becomes a lot of fun. Although it's not a rainbow team icon_e_sad.gif
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    I'd love them to give 3* Spidey an overhaul. The 1* seems like the real Spidey at the moment. Spider-man has never been known as a healer.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess it'll be too much to hope that the remaining 3s get their 4 star rewards tweeked this week. My 182 Blade with 4 covers waiting to add...and of course ghost rider's red is already maxed.
  • Mr_Sinister
    smkspy wrote:
    Guess it'll be too much to hope that the remaining 3s get their 4 star rewards tweeked this week. My 182 Blade with 4 covers waiting to add...and of course ghost rider's red is already maxed.

Same here. Blade is sitting at 182 with 2 covers coming and GR is max covered. Hoping they do this for next season!