Facebook Reward Mechanism

Options
Agent56
Agent56 Posts: 4
edited December 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Looking for someone to explain to me how the Facebook, send stuff to friends, mechanism is suppose to work. So far no seems to getting anything. Are there specific setup instructions? I feel like I'm missing a share setting or something.

Comments

• deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Some of this may be obvious, apologies if so. Just trying to be comprehensive.

1. You have to be on Android - it's not available for Steam.
    2. Click the settings cog in the upper left corner.
    3. Click the Facebook icon to link it to FB. It should ask you to log in.
    4. Occasionally it will ask you after a match if you want to share your rewards with 3 or 10 people. If you hit the green button it should pull up a FB dialog screen (it does for me anyway) confirming you want to send them to those people.

That's it AFAIK.
  • Agent56
    Options
    Thanks. I'm using iOS, have my FB account linked but I have never seen a prompt to select people from my friends list, even if the FB app is also open. This is really specific to the OS? That seems like an oversight. O'well, thanks again for the help.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Do you have to send the Facebook message for the gifts to go through? I know I've gotten a lot of them without getting the FB messages, and I'd rather not send pointless messages if I don't have to.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One side note, you have to have people on your fb friends list who have their mpq accounts linked to their fb accounts as well. It doesn't give you the option to proactively give rewards to people that aren't in the game already.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One other item you have to have the FB app on your device as well to send and FB rewards. I have an alliance mate who was not getting them then he downloaded the FB app and boom facebook gifts.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    One other item you have to have the FB app on your device as well to send and FB rewards. I have an alliance mate who was not getting them then he downloaded the FB app and boom facebook gifts.
    I never installed the Facebook app, and I've sent and received FB gifts for a long time.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It definitely works on iOS. You do need to backup your MPQ account to your facebook profile, and have friends in your feed that have done likewise. After that, the game should offer prompts every so often to send gifts.