Emrakul's stalling event Brag Thread 4 (With Decklists!)

Options
yunnnn
yunnnn Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Getting full points in this event is a challenge for even the most persistent of players. Not because of the difficulty (as I will show later), but because of how long the matches take. The grindy nature of this event combined with the multiple times it has appeared now rivals the lameness of that one Avacyn event when they decided to take her hp, (in the wise words of Jay Wilson) and double it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkXf1aR2LXA

As you can see, I still got full points (except, of course, for the games I dropped on purpose so I wouldn't get a dupe mythic)
.eJwNx0sOgyAQANC7sC-fEQb0Gj1AQ5CAiTIExlXTu9e3e19xj1NsojL3uSm1HzPR2OVkGrFkWYjKmWM_pkx0qcgcU71y46kAluB80GHFAG6xTiuwiH5dnUcwXsMT9U4j5zYr8Qe0QfN46WDRBNlbEb8_xEwnVw.MXVg0wdQ_nZsBdJPPzQ6z9XE3oc?width=300&height=500

So... why am I bragging today? No, not because I won every node. No, that is easy. I've done it so many times.
This time, I did it with only 1 rare and mythic in each deck.

For all the naysayers who have been pestering me to post the decklists, here they are:

.eJwNyksOgyAQANC7sC-f4SN4jR6gIUjARBnDjKumd69v_b7inodYRWe-aFVq26ng3CQxztyqbIjtqPnaSRY8VWbOpZ91MCkAG_0SdUwhgrfOawUuhCUlq51PHowGp95l1jqoI39Am2AeLx2fDvIaTfz-whonRA.q13OpliuF8XWfw1JHOt19GvY_Aw?width=300&height=500
Jace 2:
Tech: Just play your cards
Win condition: Skill #3

.eJwNwcsNwyAMANBduBfzCWCyRgeoEEEQKcEI3FPV3dv3PuI9L7GLxjzWDnCcK9M85GKaqRZZiepV0jiXzHRDYk653aXzAmMsuoAKo0fj7OYUmM37EKNCrwwGjRrhmWcpfTXil1Ha67-HQmedlqNX8f0BxBYnUg.yMse_tzNCtHDK5b7utaoDzgBZL4?width=300&height=500
Kiora:
Tech: Reclaim and Resurgent let you chain combos

.eJwNwcsNwyAMANBduJdfDHGyRgeoEEEQKcEIu6equ7fvfdR7XmpXTWTwbsxxcqZ5aBaaqRZdiepV0jhZZ7pNEkm53aULG-8XDCta3CL6sECwxkOM64aIsDmH4DyaZ56ldG4kL29ddH8PiwEs6NGr-v4AxN8nVQ.KyMbUX2YiKszm8WMVh9CTobh4Xc?width=300&height=500
Ob Noxilis:
Tech: Behold the beyond is a good card

Summary:
I need to add this section here because some people don't seem to be able to read between the lines:
[list=4][*]This event is boring and nobody likes it. Please stop having them. See: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54680[/*]
[*]Dupe mythics for top players are abundant. See: viewtopic.php?t=53876[/*]
[*]Some cards are ridiculously better than others. See: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=54205[/*]
[*]Don't IAP if you already have cards, I won with only 1 good card. What's the point: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54022[/*]
[/list]

Comments

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sorry to drag you down but you didn't get full points (not considering the ones you purposely missed). You clearly missed one bonus objective at some point. Shame on you for trying to deceive everyone.
  • yunnnn
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    Sorry to drag you down but you didn't get full points (not considering the ones you purposely missed). You clearly missed one bonus objective at some point. Shame on you for trying to deceive everyone.

I had to carefully manage my score so I would not get 5th or better on the last game. (If I gained an extra point, I would have gotten 5th place. If I didn't play the game, I would have gotten 26th.) The whole concept of trying to get 5-25th place on purpose is disgusting to me; when I realized I had to do this, I violently vomited all over my phone and needed a large mop.

I find it hilarious that you spent all the time to nitpick the math instead of reading the message. I even put a nice summary at the end for people like you.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yunnnn wrote:
    I had to carefully manage my score so I would not get 5th or better on the last game. (If I gained an extra point, I would have gotten 5th place. If I didn't play the game, I would have gotten 26th.) The whole concept of trying to get 5-25th place on purpose is disgusting to me; when I realized I had to do this, I violently vomited all over my phone and needed a large mop.

I find it hilarious that you spent all the time to nitpick the math instead of reading the message. I even put a nice summary at the end for people like you.

You created a tertiary objective for yourself to be in 5-25th place. So now you're bragging that you can do more objectives than what's officially out there? GG
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    You created a tertiary objective for yourself to be in 5-25th place. So now you're bragging that you can do more objectives than what's officially out there? GG

Dead.

Cool decklists. Would like you to do three more using entirely different mythics/not using ob nix/sorin in the B/W node. You know, so I can actually try them out. Thanks for sharing!
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    Plastic wrote:

Dead.

Cool decklists. Would like you to do three more using entirely different mythics/not using ob nix/sorin in the B/W node. You know, so I can actually try them out. Thanks for sharing!

Black node basically comes down to Beyond the behold, I played Lilly 1 and maxed points the nodes with her. You can build a deck without beyond but it would take so much longer to win, its really not worth it for those of us that have it.
  • jackvett
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    Black node basically comes down to Beyond the behold, I played Lilly 1 and maxed points the nodes with her. You can build a deck without beyond but it would take so much longer to win, its really not worth it for those of us that have it.

That and grip make black work, methinks. Without those fast cards black gets steamrolled by olivia and other #justredthings. I built decks for Chandra and Kiora that worked very reliably as control, but with Lilli it feels like a midrangey race (with bad mana if you're L1)
  • jimilinho_
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    jimilinho_ wrote:

That and grip make black work, methinks. Without those fast cards black gets steamrolled by olivia and other #justredthings. I built decks for Chandra and Kiora that worked very reliably as control, but with Lilli it feels like a midrangey race (with bad mana if you're L1)

lilly1 basically is a control deck. Card draw, hand disruption and removal spells. Trading creatures off (catacomb sifter is really good for this) Then ultimate when needed. You just need to make sure you switch in the right cards for certain matchups.

My build is more 6/7 ever present cards and then bringing in the correct 3/4 others when needed.
  • jackvett
    Options
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    removal spells.

unconditional black removal starts at the rare level. i appreciate you spelling it out for me, but L1 doesn't work very well unless you have the unconditional black removal. and by then, you're probably playing Ob because he has 3 abilities and not 2.
  • yunnnn
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    removal spells.

unconditional black removal starts at the rare level. i appreciate you spelling it out for me, but L1 doesn't work very well unless you have the unconditional black removal. and by then, you're probably playing Ob because he has 3 abilities and not 2.

guys lets keep this on topic or this thread might be deleted for getting off topic. this thread is about me bragging and only that.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I appreciate you taking the time to post this thread with specific decklists.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is the kind of post I appreciate. Decklists, results, reasoning, links, follows forum rules etc.

Also congrats on the wins!
  • fox1342
    fox1342 Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jackvett wrote:
    jimilinho_ wrote:
    removal spells.

Grip isn't rare.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Kiora deck for the Blue node:

Creatures (1):
    Birthing Hulk

Spells (3):
    Animist's Awakening
    Root Out
    Nissa's Revelation

Supports (6):
    Fertile Thicket
    Weirding Wood
    Sphinx's Tutelage
    Trail of Evidence
    Ulvenwald Mysteries
    From Beyond

Don't stall trying to get either supports or Eldrazi as they'll come easily enough. You have enough draw and clues to find From Beyond as soon as possible, and save your loyalty for the Second skill to find your only creature, which also counts as 3 Eldrazi too. The supports should let you have enough control to let you do your thing, gifting you Soldier tokens along the way to help up your damage rate.