Steam vip intercepts

Tromb2ch2
Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
We all know that the ads won't be added to steam because computer and phones are 2 separate beasts. But if the phone versions does not have to watch the ads when they are vip why not just make it so if you are vip on steam you have intercepts. This way you would not have to add an ad service to the game and shouldn't require that much coding. That's all we seem to (for the most part) be asking.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    and shouldn't require that much coding.

Lol spoken by someone who hasn't looked at the mpq codebase.

Don't mean to have that come off too harsh, but unless you have seen the codebase and know how D3 and valve have setup the underlying architecture in both mpq and Steam. Its probably beyond our scope of knowledge to speculate what is and isn't easy from a coding stand point.
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    They should just give all Steam users VIPesque Intercepts, even the non VIP's (I'm a mobile user not on Steam).

This would go someway to compensate for the lack of a Facebook link, and negates any tricky Anti-Ad issues.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    They obviously don't care and have no intention to make it right. There are already bad reviews on steam regarding this issue and there is going to be at least one more. All anyone wanted was for the devs to treat steam users fairly. Is that really to much to ask? Basically they are saying that steam users' money is worth less than a mobile users'. As it stands right now if you spend money on steam, you are paying for mobile users to get new features to help beat you with.
  • Dartmaster01
    They obviously don't care and have no intention to make it right. There are already bad reviews on steam regarding this issue and there is going to be at least one more. All anyone wanted was for the devs to treat steam users fairly. Is that really to much to ask? Basically they are saying that steam users' money is worth less than a mobile users'. As it stands right now if you spend money on steam, you are paying for mobile users to get new features to help beat you with.

Come now, be fair. The wheels of justice turn slowly. Just because the inequity of FB sharing has yet to be addressed after nearly 3yrs doesnt mean they dont care. They might care deeply. They might lose sleep over it every night. Might. Just because this caring, if it exists, has yet to translate into action, is no reason to conclude they dont care

Not sure why you want play devils advocate against your own cause but in any case you said it yourself, not fixing an unfair situation in 3 years proves they don't care. Not only that, they go and make it more unfair by giving those with the initial advantage more of an advantage. The statement they released could have said something like "We know we have created an unbalanced situation between the steam and mobile platforms. We are looking into solutions. It may take a while but you are not forgotten or under-valued to us." Instead we get the intentional sidestep and dismissal of the problem. So I reiterate, they do care to fix this. I hope I'm wrong, but yeah, 3 years without an equivalency to FB rewards. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    We all know that the ads won't be added to steam because computer and phones are 2 separate beasts. But if the phone versions does not have to watch the ads when they are vip why not just make it so if you are vip on steam you have intercepts. This way you would not have to add an ad service to the game and shouldn't require that much coding. That's all we seem to (for the most part) be asking.

Yep, Just proves they don't care. I'm not surprised by things like this anymore.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler

Come now, be fair. The wheels of justice turn slowly. Just because the inequity of FB sharing has yet to be addressed after nearly 3yrs doesnt mean they dont care. They might care deeply. They might lose sleep over it every night. Might. Just because this caring, if it exists, has yet to translate into action, is no reason to conclude they dont care

Not sure why you want play devils advocate against your own cause but in any case you said it yourself, not fixing an unfair situation in 3 years proves they don't care. Not only that, they go and make it more unfair by giving those with the initial advantage more of an advantage. The statement they released could have said something like "We know we have created an unbalanced situation between the steam and mobile platforms. We are looking into solutions. It may take a while but you are not forgotten or under-valued to us." Instead we get the intentional sidestep and dismissal of the problem. So I reiterate, they do care to fix this. I hope I'm wrong, but yeah, 3 years without an equivalency to FB rewards. icon_e_confused.gif

Aes, you forgot to turn on sarcastifont...
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    In thinking about it last night perhaps another solution would be.

1. They do a special steam exclusive "gift" based on the number of hours you have played.

I think that is something trackable by steam (vs. I have no idea how many hrs played on ios)

So in theory, you send CS a SS showing you've logged 15,000 hrs and they send a one time gift (iso/hp/whatever gets decided) and then they note in your account history you've passed X milestone. (15,000 hrs is equivalent to 5hrs a day for the year, which is high but not that unusual for T25 hybrid players.)

Will that balance the scales of FB sharing? no. But its probably a much simpler way to address the concerns of the long time everyday steam player.

plus if their are only 600 steam users, its probably see less CS tickets than when they do a normal 2 week cycle patch.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Wait?!

You actually play on your computer? Kudos to those with lots of progression. It's hard enough to fit in time with a mobile version to be competitive in events let alone be tied to your home and a pc. Hope they figure out a way to get you guys something.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    and shouldn't require that much coding.

Lol spoken by someone who hasn't looked at the mpq codebase.

Don't mean to have that come off too harsh, but unless you have seen the codebase and know how D3 and valve have setup the underlying architecture in both mpq and Steam. Its probably beyond our scope of knowledge to speculate what is and isn't easy from a coding stand point.
    True but they have a base already in the phone version to go off of. It will require coding yes and probably a lot more than I know (idk what all steam requires).
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    When I started playing this game three years ago there was absolutely no fair way to chose mobile over steam. There was absolutely no equitable notice that mobile users would get facebook bonuses and now intercepts. I've spent a damn lot of money on this game and now I will get left behind by free players who get intercepts.

When I requested to migrate my account from steam to mobile I of course got the only thing that customer service get paid to do which is a copy and paste no.

I am utterly disgusted that you treat your steam players so unfairly and then more so because we have no opportunity to migrate to mobile now there is a clear advantage with that platform.

Is my money worth less to you than a free to play mobile user?
  • Dartmaster01

Not sure why you want play devils advocate against your own cause but in any case you said it yourself, not fixing an unfair situation in 3 years proves they don't care. Not only that, they go and make it more unfair by giving those with the initial advantage more of an advantage. The statement they released could have said something like "We know we have created an unbalanced situation between the steam and mobile platforms. We are looking into solutions. It may take a while but you are not forgotten or under-valued to us." Instead we get the intentional sidestep and dismissal of the problem. So I reiterate, they do not care to fix this. I hope I'm wrong, but yeah, 3 years without an equivalency to FB rewards. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    As a Steam user, I would certainly welcome more ways to acquire Hero Points, but if ads ever become mandatory or intrusive, that'll be the sign that it's finally time for me to get out of here.

I do think that all active platforms should be approached equally, but as has been pointed out before: coordinating with Steam can be a total quagmire.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    After 3 years, I have come to understand that it just is what it is, it really does not matter how eloquent your rationale is, they will do what they were going to do anyway and they do not much care about yours or anyones input. The best you can do is ask yourself if you can be happy playing the game as they present it. It will not become what you want it to be.