So, when do we get Stephen Strange?

Suddenreal
Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme has been added to the Legendary covers, but what of Doctor Strange, Stephen Strange? He's still not listed with with the Heroic or Elite tokens. Is this an oversight and can he be obtained through them, or do I still need to hoard my tokens?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like every non-5star release, at the start of next season. So in a week.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know it won't happen, but really wish he would have increases odds over other 3 stars. Gonna have to wait til the end of the ddq cycle for a guaranteed cover. Plus they need to add him to more vaults.

Seriously considering using CP to build him up rather than the long wait for his covers to drop.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Seriously considering using CP to build him up rather than the long wait for his covers to drop.

If I can get his blue from a token before his PVP ends, I think I probably will use CP on him. Getting a champed Strange will help me a lot more in the short run than 7 random classic token pulls.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

If I can get his blue from a token before his PVP ends, I think I probably will use CP on him. Getting a champed Strange will help me a lot more in the short run than 7 random classic token pulls.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. My 4s are at point where I'm just as likely to get dupes now as I am to get a cover I can actually use plus classics have a nasty habit of not wanting to cough up newer 4s while drowning us in old ones(adding to the dupe problem).

Add that to most of my 3 star roster is about to hit 183 and CP going toward building strange kinda makes sense.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    i had 10 covers of him during the PVE and strange events. I got a 10pack, and pulled 3 more of him. gave me 13, but in 3/4/5 (extra purple). So i used the 20cp and got an extra blue (didn't matter which one). Champed him and used the extra to move him up. Then got another 3 for top 5 finish. now, sitting at a lovely 170.

Basically, if its your last cover you need, just use the cp and get it over with. unless you really need a 4* cover... reconsider.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    My only concern with using CP on him is that clearly the Devs want to release new 3* characters, at least so they can keep releasing new 4* characters too.

Using CP to finish him off (unless, like a previous poster, you had some in queue and only needed one more cover of another cover to champ) is a slippery slope because they will be releasing new 3* again and again, and I refuse to spend that much CP on finishing off the new 3* releases.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm actually very curious which 4* he gives when champed. Has that been discovered yet?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Ugh, ended up ranking 67th in Red Shift in my attempt to get a Blue cover. Now I suppose I'll sit on my 15 Elite tokens, 3 Heroics, my Heroic 10-Pack, and whatever else I accumulate between now and next week and hope for some blind luck. Hopefully these packs determine their results when I open them and not when they are acquired.

Edit:
    I'm actually very curious which 4* he gives when champed. Has that been discovered yet?
    Nova, supposedly Yellow, Red, Black
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    My only concern with using CP on him is that clearly the Devs want to release new 3* characters, at least so they can keep releasing new 4* characters too.

Using CP to finish him off (unless, like a previous poster, you had some in queue and only needed one more cover of another cover to champ) is a slippery slope because they will be releasing new 3* again and again, and I refuse to spend that much CP on finishing off the new 3* releases.
    They're not going to release more 3s, unless forced by Marvel.

Number of 3s has nothing to do with how many 4s they can release - else Strange would give out one of the new 4s who are still without a feeder.

3s don't make them money because they're so easy to cover - T10 in PVE, t10 in PVP, alliance rewards, prog rewards in PVE, prog rewards in PVP.
    My Strange will be champed after his PVP, same as most high level players - without spending a lot on tokens.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor

Nova. Cover order is yellow, red, black.