Demiurge PLEASE stop doing this

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
J6fCi11.png?1TjDHL7K.png?1

Once again a event end is 1 hour before a PVP season end
You couldn't have put up a 4 day event leaving a 1 day window instead of a 1 hour window?
Please stop doing this

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair, most players skip Heroics plus it's a limited roster leaving you're PvP hitters okay to finish the season.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    To be fair, most players skip Heroics plus it's a limited roster leaving you're PvP hitters okay to finish the season.
    It's not about the health packs, it's about having to set an alarm for 2AM so that you can merc out of your PvE alliance and back in to your PvP alliance. Oh, and some kind soul has to also be awake at that hour to let you in.

I only merc out for release events, so this won't matter to me, but it's still a **** thing to have to deal with on a pretty regular basis.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    It's not about the health packs, it's about having to set an alarm for 2AM so that you can merc out of your PvE alliance and back in to your PvP alliance. Oh, and some kind soul has to also be awake at that hour to let you in.

I only merc out for release events, so this won't matter to me, but it's still a tinykitty thing to have to deal with on a pretty regular basis.

Or recognizing this is a game and you don't need to get everything.

More power to ya for getting up at 2am for this. I'll be enjoying sleep.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    A little bit of foresight on your part seems like it would help: just pick a different end time for your PvE. You don't need to be in the slice you chose.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe they do it like this to try and stop people from swapping alliances all the time?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    A little bit of foresight on your part seems like it would help: just pick a different end time for your PvE. You don't need to be in the slice you chose.
    That's not how alliance rewards work, you must be in the alliance at global end time, 2 am est, to earn them. Then migrate to pvp alliance for global season end, 3 am est
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler

You're missing the point. Unless he's in a hybrid alliance, he only has 1 hour to switch between pve/pvp alliances
  • this is a stupid complaint!

you guys want EVERYTHING and dont want to invest ANYTHING.

hey, anon? you want both rewards? from your pvp AND pve alliance? ok, cool. then set your alarm and wake up and coordinate with that "kind soul"
    the option given from D3 (to play in alliances) doesnt entitle you to get everything there is to get

hybrid, pve and pvp alliances is something the community came up with, not the dev.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

Really? Tell that to my bracket. I usually skip "heroics" (nothing heroic about them; more work at greater risk = exploitation) but dabbled in this one to get some goon data.

Started early, ground most of first sub, still in subbasment of bracket. Seems hundreds of players did not get skip it memo LOL

That's because everyone now sees the "new" tokens for placement and they are trying to win the "extra" rewards!

In all seriousness it's because everyone needs Elektra as she is a top tier 4*

icon_lol.gif
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    this is a stupid complaint!

you guys want EVERYTHING and dont want to invest ANYTHING.

hey, anon? you want both rewards? from your pvp AND pve alliance? ok, cool. then set your alarm and wake up and coordinate with that "kind soul"
    the option given from D3 (to play in alliances) doesnt entitle you to get everything there is to get

hybrid, pve and pvp alliances is something the community came up with, not the dev.

Eh, it would be so easy to not make it necessary to swap alliances like that. As a commander in a family of alliances, it's a pain for us; not only do people need to be awake to switch, but someone else needs to be awake to accept them. It has led to us having two hybrid alliances, but my gut feeling is that this has led to prizes not going as far around as previously (I haven't tracked it carefully enough to be sure about that). D3 might be happy about that, but we are not.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Why would you do an elaborate alliance swap for a single extra blade cover? Get your sleep - if you're well rested you might get better at identifying good priorities.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Demiurge isn't at fault.
    It's unfair for the player base to blame them because we want plenty of time to easily 'game' the system by swapping alliances for the best possible rewards.

In fact you could make a strong argument that they should deliberately have PvE and PvP events end at the exact same time to promote the intended spirit of alliances.
  • Yelena looks so sad icon_e_sad.gif
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    babinro wrote:
    Demiurge isn't at fault.
    It's unfair for the player base to blame them because we want plenty of time to easily 'game' the system by swapping alliances for the best possible rewards.

In fact you could make a strong argument that they should deliberately have PvE and PvP events end at the exact same time to promote the intended spirit of alliances.
    I agree, but I think exceptions should be made for release events and the end of the season. I think it's unreasonable to force players into hybrid alliances that are forced to compete with both PvP and PvE focused alliances for these long-term and very competitive events.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    babinro wrote:
    Demiurge isn't at fault.

I agree, but I think exceptions should be made for release events and the end of the season. I think it's unreasonable to force players into hybrid alliances that are forced to compete with both PvP and PvE focused alliances for these long-term and very competitive events.
    You aren't forced into anything. Hybrid alliances and mercing are a player-created artifact.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    People care about placement in Heroic PvEs? I thought those were just excuses to ease off and stop when you hit the 4* progression reward.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    For quite a few seasons, PVE events would start on Thursdays and would either be a 7 day PVE or a 4 day followed by a 3 day. The latter made it so that PVE ended the night after the weekend PVP. I assumed that was purposefully done due to all the complaints in the past about PVE and PVP ending on the same nights. Apparently it was just a coincidence.

My alliance only requires PVP participation, even though a good portion of us play PVE pretty heavily. On weekends like this, the PVE players tend to just suck it up and lose out on the PVE alliance cover. Or you can sometimes find another alliance that will also be top 100 for the season and put all the non-PVEers in one alliance and all the PVEers in the other. That way you all get t100 Season and the PVE players still get the PVE rewards.

I've heard much worse complaints on this forum than this one that don't get dismissed. While recent changes have been a step in the right direction, the amount of winnable resources that a player can win is still scarce enough that you should try to get all that you can.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not dismissed because it's unworthy, but because a lot of us look down on alliance shuffling.

I know it makes sense for the participants, and more power to the people who manage families to maximise everyone's alliance rewards. It does feel against the "spirit" of alliances, though. I don't really have much more than that.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Bracket I'm in seems to skip heroics or just doesn't use limited rosters as well as I do

I don't rule or anything but my ranking tends to be higher in heroics than in most events
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor

In all seriousness it's because everyone needs Elektra as she is a top tier 4*

icon_lol.gif

That's really how much I played, though. I gained my Elektra from progression (now 2/5/2) and stopped. That's more than I'd normally play a Heroic.

Placement rewards, though? Not this little grey duck. I'm just not interested in putting that much effort into it.