Game speed

Options
Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
In the current update the all around game speed was slowed down. Gems are falling slower and games are taking longer. Can you please explain to the community why this was done and the purpose behind it. Thank you.

Comments

• Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Because now you gotta play their game more.
    They should have released this speed first but they made a huge mistake and made it detrimentally fast at first. They really need an option to just change the speed, you know, like in a real video-game. I'm more concerned with how glitchy and wacky all the gem matching animations have been since the patch. It might just be my experience though.
  • jackvett
    jackvett Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tilikum wrote:
    I'm more concerned with how glitchy and wacky all the gem matching animations have been since the patch. It might just my experience though.

wait for someone to use welcome to the fold/exert on an abbot of keral keep. with the heat coming off my phone i thought i had a nice fire going for a second due to the fireworks.
  • Ste
    Ste Posts: 24
    Options
    For true wackyness, try Avaricious Dragon and Fevered Visions.
  • Tilikum
    Tilikum Posts: 159
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Ste wrote:
    For true wackyness, try Avaricious Dragon and Fevered Visions.

I've had Jace2 snag my Avaricious Dragon while I had Fevered Visions working. He immediately followed it up with Forgotten Creation and cascaded his way into his top ability. After that, he pretty much caved my stove in...

I don't encounter Saheeli Rai enough to really know what a good deck looks like, but if I ever get her, I'm definitely trying that out.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilikum wrote:
    Because now you gotta play their game more.
    They should have released this speed first but they made a huge mistake and made it detrimentally fast at first. They really need an option to just change the speed, you know, like in a real video-game. I'm more concerned with how glitchy and wacky all the gem matching animations have been since the patch. It might just be my experience though.

They didn't release the game fast first. It was slower then they sped it up with a recent update and the angels rejoiced.

Then they slowed it down again this week.

I'm not complaining because I'm just happy Flameblade is finally fixed-- just pointing out a piece of MTGPQ history.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    howard_icon.pngPlease keep posts relevant to the OP. Thanks! howard_icon.png
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gideon wrote:
    In the current update the all around game speed was slowed down. Gems are falling slower and games are taking longer. Can you please explain to the community why this was done and the purpose behind it. Thank you.

Laughing out loud. They're not going to do that. They've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they have no interest whatsoever in communicating with the likes of us. I truly believe they just don't care. They want our money, and beyond that, not their concern.
    Edit: possibly the survey inspired this genius move to molasses the game. I'd be willing to bet it was a major factor at least.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you ask me, they have done a good job in speeding up the intro animation and the gem falling speed (even if the update before this was turbo-speed). One more thing which I really would love to be sped up is the buffing animation.

What I mean, if you have played Sorin and have his third ability active (buff your creatures everytime you gain life), immediately coupled with his second ability or Campaign of Vengeance (gain some life whenever your creatures attack), and overkilled with a board full of Lifelink, you WILL know what slow means.
  • white_noise
    Options
    What I mean, if you have played Sorin and have his third ability active (buff your creatures everytime you gain life), immediately coupled with his second ability or Campaign of Vengeance (gain some life whenever your creatures attack), and overkilled with a board full of Lifelink, you WILL know what slow means.

Agreed. Jace 2's Unravel ability followed by Pore over the Pages or Oath of Jace unleashes similar pain.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I happened to be testing my sustained QB speed in 1.7.1 and noticed no difference in the number of games per hour in 1.7.2. I know I am not as fast as Gideon, but I'm pretty fast IMO. I have run into lag after long sessions but rebooting my systems clears that up for a couple of hours.
  • MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

Agreed. Jace 2's Unravel ability followed by Pore over the Pages or Oath of Jace unleashes similar pain.

This all day. That's a pretty good description of my sorin deck. And if the opponent is running from beyond, drowner of hope, etc., We're talking a 35-45 minute QB. When i do QB these days, I use koth. Only pw fast enough to compete.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    commandpointsbig.pngPlease stay on topic and keep all posts civil. Insults and derailing the conversation can result in warnings, bans or topic being being locked.

Thank you.
    commandpointsbig.png