You've Been Attacked........hours later?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is anyone getting the you've been attacked screen in PvP or just the lightning rounds hours after it actually happened?

I know I have complained on here many times before, that I hate coming out of a match with a few hundred points LESS then when I went in, with NO sort of explanation whatsoever.

You've been attacked comes up after a few fights, but as of yesterday night I think, I've been getting the screen after one or two entire events! lol. And no, I'm not closing the app in the interim.

For instance, the last two or three lightning rounds that I played today, AS SOON as I came out of the very first match against a seed team, it shows that I have been attacked by three people. It is not even possible to be attacked by 3 people when I have no points to begin with. Correct?

So........wut?

Comments

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Yes same thing has been happening to me. 1 individual is hitting me and the retal node comes up about 25-40 minutes after I lose the points, (if I even get a retal node)! I have had the you were attacked , (in the previous LR), come up while playing the new LR, (at least 30 minutes late!!) At least I am not the only one having this issue. Tried rebooting phone and game with no change in this.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Before you shield (or even when you don't but just stopped playing), go to the leaderboard screen. That will give you your true score. Those hits are registering immediately, the stupid pop up takes it's time. So you'll see what score you're actually shielding (or floating) at, and you can judge whether to keep going.

I personally refresh the leaderboard every couple matches to keep an eye on it, because if that first hit comes in, it's easier to dodge the others assuredly coming if you know about it before you wait for the pop-up.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Using workarounds for a major bug is not the answer. Just stop buying HP and using shields. That will get them to fix it real quick.

It has screwed up so many matches for me. Luckily the most important resource for me now is iso. So doesn't affect me much.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    i agree, not necessarily hours later for me. but the delay in getting the notifications have gone from minutes to about 30 minutes or longer. my last hit showed up 38 minutes later from the time i shielded. So, something goofy is going on.......again.....
  • tranceazn
    tranceazn Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    It happened to me twice so far. It's like a 30-40 min delay.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Before you shield (or even when you don't but just stopped playing), go to the leaderboard screen. That will give you your true score. Those hits are registering immediately, the stupid pop up takes it's time. So you'll see what score you're actually shielding (or floating) at, and you can judge whether to keep going.

I personally refresh the leaderboard every couple matches to keep an eye on it, because if that first hit comes in, it's easier to dodge the others assuredly coming if you know about it before you wait for the pop-up.

I already said this is not the same situation as that.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

That's helpful for understanding what your score is, but a problem I've had in the past is getting targeted. If I take a hit from a random I can usually feel comfortable continuing to climb, but if I see a hit come in from someone who frequently targets me, or from an alliance that isn't particularly friendly with my alliance I'm more likely shield before more hits come in.

The other odd thing that has happened to me before is I have had a node open and I'm ready to hit fight when the attack screen comes in and overwrites the node that I am about to fight. When I hit fight I don't get the team I had already queued up, but the retal that I never saw or knew I was about to fight.....often for much much fewer points than the fight I had queued up.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    The other night, I had about a 2 hour difference between the loss of points and the actual pop-up. I had logged in/out several times, so there was no reason to not be up to date on my end. Suddenly on one login, I had a shielded win, shielded loss and unshielded loss.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Im having this same problem, losing points straight away but the hits are coming up 30 mins later so its very hard to retaliate
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    I'm getting hits but no pop ups and no red retal nodes at all. It's getting annoying as hell. But typical d3 it's a known issue and until it's fixed there won't be anything done about it
  • Last season i had a couple of hits pop up, looked at the event.. no retals.. thought about the names, I'd already retal'd or skipped them earlier :p