Hey, you're not a seed! (a moment of levity)

El Satanno
El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Do you grind seeds in Lightning Rounds? I grind seeds in Lightning Rounds. Who can say no to something like 2k Iso + covers for all of 15 minutes mindless bashing on wimpy teams?

Have you ever accidentally run into a proper team while bashing on seeds? I have. Doot doot doo, here I am matching away randomly and...HEY! You're a level 453 Silver Surfer!

Oh man, a little bit of panic sets in. icon_lol.gif

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    giphy.gif

Happens to me too. "Oh ****, you're not a seed!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been there, done that. I usually just take my whipping like a man and try to pay attention for the next day or so. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I always enjoy when someone will pair their lvl 250+ LR character with an unleveled Storm & Hawkeye. I've never bitten, but damn if it doesn't catch you off-guard.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deffo done that once or twice. I've also done - grind trivial node, grind trivial node, grind triv... What? That's not a trivial node!!!! - While running a weaker team...
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    The game did a switcharoo on me today during an LR. I guess between the time I picked a seed team node and pressed play, someone attacked me (there was a minute or so between the two actions as I had to go wrangle up my miscreant cat) and that seed team was replaced by one that was very much not a seed team.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a screencap from the last Doom pvp where I absentmindedly switched out only half my joke team for seeds and went up against a full champed 5* team with Doom, Phoenix and a level 70 Hulkbuster (fully covered 553).

I won that match. icon_lol.gif

I think I did it again with another team later and claimed to my alliance that I'm not an actual idiot, I'm really a totally badass baker. Who bakes at 300. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Around a year ago, my one time I really went for it in LRs, I was hitting top 10 or better, and then I lost a ton of points because one of my alliance mates accidentally hit me, not realizing that I wasn't a seed. D'oh!

After that, I gave up on the work of trying to get top placement in LRs, but I still sometimes grind the seeds (and accidental non-seeds).
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    A long time ago I hit what I thought was a seed team, later on they retaliated for 50 or 60 points, no big deal because I was just farming for Iso, turns out somebody changed their IGN to make it look like a seed team, just one letter difference for the sole purpose of doing that, thought that was kind of amusing
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Most of the time if you notice the real team before you start, you can just skip it and another seed team will appear. icon_cool.gif
  • doomette wrote:
    The game did a switcharoo on me today during an LR. I guess between the time I picked a seed team node and pressed play, someone attacked me (there was a minute or so between the two actions as I had to go wrangle up my miscreant cat) and that seed team was replaced by one that was very much not a seed team.

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday too!
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I get so used to skipping to find teams I want to fight that occasionally I do the opposite and skip the seed team - doh!