Spent my CP horde, got 48 Strange Tokens, the results

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So I spent my CP horde and got 48 Strange tokens (well 1x was from the Vault, so I only bought 1175 CP worth). Since this seems to be a thing to give results of massive buys....

I have literally been saving my CP from July 2nd, so about 4 months worth of saving CP. I'm transitioning and maxing out all of my 4*'s that I could Champion, so there was no need for spending my CP. I liked how 5*Strange is (the potential in PvE), so I went all in.

Here's my results:
wasp_icon.pngblueflag.png
drstrange_icon.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_spidergwen.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_thing.pngyellowflag.png
icon_warmachine.pngredflag.png
drstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png
icon_elektra.pngredflag.png
icon_deadpool.pngredflag.png
drstrange_icon.pngyellowflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pnggreenflag.png (sold)
icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png
icon_thor.pngyellowflag.png
icon_miles.pngredflag.png
icon_professorx.pngblueflag.png
icon_drax.pngblackflag.png
icon_thor.pngblueflag.png
icon_redhulk.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngblackflag.png (sold)
icon_thing.pngredflag.png
drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.png
icon_falcon.pngblueflag.png
icon_wintersoldier.pngredflag.png
icon_ironman.pngredflag.png
icon_wintersoldier.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_redhulk.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_thor.pngblueflag.png
icon_cyclops.pngyellowflag.png
icon_moonknight.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.png
icon_quake.pngblueflag.png
icon_starlord.pngpurpleflag.png (sold)
icon_wintersoldier.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.png
icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png
icon_thing.pngredflag.png
GwenpoolIcon.PNGblackflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_carnage.pngredflag.png
icon_venom.pngyellowflag.png (sold)
icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.png
icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png
icon_iceman.pngpurpleflag.png

Total of 8x Strange, 3-Blue, 3-Pink, 2-Yellow (the one I like the most of course...)
wasp_icon.png
I was able to Champion RHulk and Thing from these covers. Sold ~4 (which isn't bad for the number of covers I bought. Working to Champ Elektra now, then X-23 next.

So 8 covers at 10% draw rate is really awesome (for once for me!) so no complaints from me spending my horde.

Did anyone else (besides whales I guess) spend there horde on the Strange tokens, and did you get close to the 10% draw rate, or higher?

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I love these threads, congrats on all the Strange pulls. I'm really enjoying the 3* version so far. He really seems like he is going to be amazing against symbiote and ultron goons and Carnage. Anybody with cheap powers really.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    How did you get pink covers? icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:
    Did anyone else (besides whales I guess) spend there horde on the Strange tokens, and did you get close to the 10% draw rate, or higher?

I don't have the self-control for a 'horde.'

But I did three pulls of the Sanctum Sanctorum token, redeemed one Latest LT after the Cyclops Crash, and bought another Latest when I hit 25 CP tonight. From those five, two Strange pulls.

So...40%? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did close to this. Pulled 700 worth of cp on his tokens to end with 3-2-3 Strange (awesome rate). Later I have pulled my stashed 18 latest and 500 cp on latest. Ended up with 2 more covers for him and one for Widow (I guess very bad rate to compensate). Overall he is 4-3-3 and I am OK with it. Sadly at lvl 300 he doesn't his as hard with the skill as the 3* counterpart (also 3 covers but boosted to lvl 189).

Along the way I had to sell at least 15 covers. I will champion X23 with 3 covers waiting. And I will have to sell 3 Quake yellow as she is not fully covered. What made process OK (rate for the second part was horrible) is the yellow Peggy cover. She is now 2-5-4 and will get some iso soon.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    I have been inspired to hoard cp and wait for a character specific vault to spend it all on.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Sadly not as fortunate.... blew nearly 900 CP and got 2 purpleflag.png and 1 yellowflag.png

so a little under the 10% draw rate... but not a statistical outlier...

Mind you I then blew 29 Legendary tokens and got 1 blueflag.png and 2 yellowflag.png so that sort of swung the other way.... not to mention the redflag.png and purpleflag.png Black Widow as well...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    no horde but noting that July 2nd is a week before i started playing
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I don't want to talk about it.

Congrats on your fantastic draw rate though!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    I love these threads, congrats on all the Strange pulls. I'm really enjoying the 3* version so far. He really seems like he is going to be amazing against symbiote and ultron goons and Carnage. Anybody with cheap powers really.
    No, not Ultron goons. They only have passives, and purple is too expensive to work as a cleanser. Yellow Passive is good against most Countdown minions, except the Hammer one with Deadly Shot (power is actually a passive).
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I'm going to keep spending my LT's I earn, hoping to grab another Strange cover (hopefully Yellow, haha). I've got 4 now, another 2 with the next CoT (Thing+Prof X).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been inspired to hoard cp and wait for a character specific vault to spend it all on.

I've been tempted to do that sometimes, but a specific character vault will be a 5*. And honestly, I could get 13 covers for a new 5* and still not have the ISO to level them up...
    5* are kinda irrelevent to me right now...
  • oBrokeno
    oBrokeno Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I got 5 covers out of 25 pulls. 1/2/2.
    Feels no fortunate.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    No, not Ultron goons. They only have passives, and purple is too expensive to work as a cleanser. Yellow Passive is good against most Countdown minions, except the Hammer one with Deadly Shot (power is actually a passive).

****, good call, I forgot those were passives. On a positive note I hate them now more than ever. icon_lol.gif