Strange hoards

amusingfoo1
amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I've been saving LTs and cp for a long time, waiting for Strange. When he entered the token pool last night, I finally dove in (I skipped Sanctum because I still needed Natasha and Black Bolt as well). I ended up cashing 180 LTs (or cp equivalent), and cashed 20 classics as well afterwards. What did I get?

token_legendary.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
token_legendary.pngdrstrange_icon.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_blackbolt.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.pngredflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_ironman.pngblueflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_silversurfer.pngblackflag.png
token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.pngpurpleflag.png

Obviously, no complaints on the 5* pull rate (17%, though that still leaves me well below 15% since the draw rate changed). I was a bit worried about pulling a sixth red for IM46 when I pulled the classics; glad it didn't come.

icon_antman.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_carnage.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_cyclops.pngredflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_deadpool.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_drax.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_elektra.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.png
icon_ghostrider.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
GwenpoolIcon.PNGpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_hulkcho.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_iceman.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_invisiblewoman.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_ironman.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_jeangrey.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_katebishop.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png (blacks from consecutive pulls)
icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_lukecage.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
icon_miles.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_moonknight.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_nova.pngredflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_peggycarter.pngredflag.png
icon_professorx.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_punisher.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_quake.pngyellowflag.png
icon_redhulk.pngredflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
icon_falcon.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
icon_spidergwen.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.png
SpiderWoman_icon.PNGpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
icon_starlord.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.png
icon_thing.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_thor.pngredflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.png
icon_venom.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.png
icon_warmachine.pnggreenflag.png
wasp_icon.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
icon_wintersoldier.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngblueflag.pngredflag.png
icon_wolverine.pngblackflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
icon_x23.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png

Can't complain about the 4*s either. I had 27 champions; while I got slightly fewer covers for those champions than expected, I was able to champion Ghost Rider this morning to come out ahead (especially since I already had another cover in queue) on that measure.

My only complaint (though one expected) is that I got eleven Natasha covers before getting more Strange or Black Bolt. Not a big deal, but it means that I stopped pulling tokens until I can champion her (she started 0/0/2), which will take a while. I was hoping to get thirteen Strange before getting eleven of her, so I could champion him first. Ah, well, it was a long shot.

Other than that, I'm extremely pleased; I can champion Black Bolt in a week or so, then Natasha. Then I can try to max out Strange; hopefully there won't be a new 5* by then so I can add onto Black Bolt a bit more. We'll see.

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats on being bothered enough to type all that out, it's a very pretty mosaic.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I've been saving LTs and cp for a long time, waiting for Strange. When he entered the token pool last night, I finally dove in (I skipped Sanctum because I still needed Natasha and Black Bolt as well). I ended up cashing 180 LTs (or cp equivalent), and cashed 20 classics as well afterwards. What did I get?

token_legendary.pngicon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    token_legendary.pngdrstrange_icon.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_blackbolt.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.pnggreenflag.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_jeangrey.pngredflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_ironman.pngblueflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_silversurfer.pngblackflag.png
    token_legendary.pngicon_hulk.pngpurpleflag.png

This is infuriating to me because I saved for over 2 months, pulled 161 tokens and got barely more than half the covers that you did.....

drstrange_icon.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngblueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngpurpleflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.pngyellowflag.png
    icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.pngredflag.pngredflag.pngblackflag.pngblackflag.png
    icon_blackbolt.pnggreenflag.pngyellowflag.png

So we've put in similar amounts of time/money yet you have nearly twice as much to show for it, and why? It's just luck, plain and simple. It's such a **** model. It wouldn't bother me if I could just go play some bonus puzzle challenge mode or something to grind out CP, but the only mechanism I have to catch up is to spend more, and **** that. Sorry to take it out on you, but this is just a perfect example of how even over a 2 month period just a slight difference in RNG can have a huge impact on the progress that players make.

Congrats on your pulls, I'm glad at least someone is making up for my **** luck.