Making 5* a little less RNG

WelcomeDeath
WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
So, been thinking about 5* progression, especially since the rates per character dropped to 1.875% in the classic pool. Since there are now over 40 4* AND 11 5* (8 in the classic store), I think it's time to revamp the stores to make progression to these tiers possible. I had heard several ideas, but most had some flaws (like having a 5* only store for a higher amount of cp and making the current store 4* only --- would likely make 5* covers MORE expensive to get and stop people from trying to cover the 4* tier)
What I came up with is this: Keep the current store but combine both sides into one big pool for 20 cp, all 4* and 5*. Make a new store that uses on Legendary Tokens (no cp) and has 5* covers ONLY. This would encourage champing 3s and 4s to get champ levels for LT, and encourage leveling more 4s for Clash of Titans, etc. It would also mean at least some guaranteed 5* covers for progressing. Still a little RNG, but earn able, a goal to work towards.
Also, at 40 4*, even having all of them in one pool means just a 2.5% chance of any character, or about 0.83% for a specific color. It's time to make that happen and let 4* covers flow even more than they are now. To make this happen, I propose a new token, earn able in pvp/pve, that opens a 4* only store with 4* only characters, not purchase able with HP, just the tokens. You could even make it available for CP only(maybe 10?) and give the tokens out separately (like the current store). 4* Tokens could be part of pvp progression, maybe 1050 or 1100 for pvp CL 6 or 7 and above, and for pve as an added award between the current final iso and final cp award. Could also replace elites for CL 8-10 or 9-10 as placement awards. The LT could maybe be put in its place for CL 9-10. I know this idea is likely not perfect, but it will make progression far less RNG at high levels, guaranteed rewards at certain stages of play, but maintain interest in the 4* tier and encourage players to level everyone they can. Plus itd still be whaleable, so the money would still come in. Just a thought.

Comments

• Uncle_Freddy
    Uncle_Freddy Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I agree that something needs to change, and WD's suggestions seem pretty viable. It's crazy how hard it is to make the 5* transition. At this point, I won't open Classics anymore, even though I have a few 5's very close to being covered. There's only so many times I can justify pulling from that pool only to get a 6th/7th/8th cover of the same color.
  • Shinigami
    Shinigami Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    How about a 10x pack with 1 guaranteed 5*? Something similar to the old guaranteed 3* from packs.
    Could also have some or all of following features
    Have a guaranteed specific character cover that's rotated every 5 days.
    Increased draw rate
    Grouping packs so it's always 5% x 3 chars to total 15%

Or how about just a 10 item CP vault, with 1 5* and then 9x random mix of LT and 4*s

Just some ideas to take some of venom out of the terrible randomness.