Thanks for running DP vs. MPQ this week, seriously

fnedude
fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So honestly, as a PvE player, running DP vs. MPQ (with 2x 2-day) subs.

So after grinding EotS (with it's messed up final progression rewards), and then grinding on the Dr. Strange event, having an event with 2x 2-day sub-events is a welcome change.

Yes, I know that lots will complain about less rewards, but I think there were plenty of rewards in Dr. Strange (6x Strange tokens from Alliance rewards daily).

In addition, with Election Night, tonight 11/8. If anyone wants to pay attention (or run away from) that, there's no pressure to play MPQ.

EDIT: I also forgot to say, if this was planned, well Thumbs Up from me. If it wasn't, well you lucked out this time! icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like DPvMPQ a lot more once they change the PvE format. It used to be such a chore grinding down all those nodes on the first day and then having to grind down that Hulk/Deadpool/Devil Dino node for no rewards on the final days.

But now it's actually pretty chill. I especially like the paet where the first and third days only need a single clear through, saving me time to play other stuff or more to the point not grind my guys down who are also needed in PvP.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i used to hate 2 day subs. now i love em. can play at half the pace, or play at the regular pace and take a day off pve. more 2 day subs is cool with me.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, already hit and well above progression with a day left. Very nice, might go focused on the simulator now.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    To the opening post by FNEDUDE, I doff my cap to you sir, well said.
    DPvsMPQ is now one of my favourite PVE's.
    Two 48 subs is my kind of gaming.
    According to Dragon Nexus's post this has only recently been changed to two 48 hours subs.

Whoever made that decision, please give that person a wage increase.

With so many people quitting recently stating time constraints as a common denominator. 48 hour subs must be the way forward across the board.

People who play regular KNOW I speak the truth.
    People can spend time with their family.
    Workers can actually work rest and play.
    Husbands can put their phones down and say "hey so that's what my wife looks like".
    People have time to attend the Gym again.
    The Dog can be taken for a walk again.

So please game developers Incorporate a 48hours sub into every single PVE for the good mental and physical Health healthpack.png of your players.

The way forward
    3 day event = one 48 sub, one 24 hour sub.
    4 day event = two 48 hour subs.
    7 day events= three 48 hour subs one 24 hour sub.

What's not to like?

(I wake up to the News Donald Trump, a non politician. Someone who's not ex military is President of America.
    Omg,
    )
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Husbands can put their phones down and say "hey so that's what my wife looks like".
    Maybe, just maybe it's time to take a step back and consider your priorities in life if it's gotten that bad.

Always RL >>>> MPQ.

Nobody is forcing you to play except your own mind.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Maybe, just maybe it's time to take a step back and consider your priorities in life if it's gotten that bad.

Always RL >>>> MPQ.

Where did I say in that post it refered to me?
    That's a snippet of unhappy post I often read when people quit.

I read a post somewhere where the writer quit numerous times and returned.
    He said he stopped going to gym because of the game.
    His game playing time caused arguments with his wife.
    Please don't bury your head in the sand regarding the time required to play PVE effectively.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    According to Dragon Nexus's post this has only recently been changed to two 48 hours subs.

No, it's always been 4x48hrs.

He was referring to the PVE testing/redesign that went on all spring, tweaking the number of rewards, number of clears, number of clears to start timers, and moving from 8hr refresh to 24.

I stand corrected, either way it's my kind of format.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

Always RL >>>> MPQ.

Where did I say in that post it refered to me?
    That's a snippet of unhappy post I often read when people quit.

I read a post somewhere where the writer quit numerous times and returned.
    He said he stopped going to gym because of the game.
    His game playing time caused arguments with his wife.
    Please don't bury your head in the sand regarding the time required to play PVE effectively.
    Lol, I'm T10 in PVE, I know how much time it takes.

Still, it's my choice to spend that time.
    Nobody forces me to do it.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks to the long first sub, I was able to join late without missing progression, and dedicate my monday to more important stuff. Like Simulator*, that I had been neglecting the entire season. I went from 100 to 1800+ in some hours.

*What? You expected me to have things more important than MPQ?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this one was much easier to hit max prog, and I appreciate that.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Two day subs are the best thing they can do next to reducing the total number of clears again. It's always nice to have time to do a bit of Versus, or just something else for a while instead of being on the clock every day.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like DPvMPQ a lot more once they change the PvE format. It used to be such a chore grinding down all those nodes on the first day and then having to grind down that Hulk/Deadpool/Devil Dino node for no rewards on the final days.

But now it's actually pretty chill. I especially like the paet where the first and third days only need a single clear through, saving me time to play other stuff or more to the point not grind my guys down who are also needed in PvP.

Agreed. In general I like the 2 days subs much more than the 1 day subs in the new system. I'd be fine if all subs went 2 day.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a rare X-23 Cover From this event (maxing her Green Power)

I like the Deadpool event because there are no repeat enemies
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    I was having this same exact thought this morning. Not grinding felt good.
  • 100% agree. 2 days subs are a lifesaver! Literally.
  • 48 hour subs AND lower progressions. my new favorite event. even if it hasnt changed a bit in a year.

seriously shake it up a little. same ole same ole.
  • I disliked the DPvsMPQ event at first because Deadpool wasn't even powered up for his very own season and there's barely anything else you fight aside from characters, which makes it harder to farm for points with minimum damage.

Now that I've played the second part a bit more I realized I have an extra day to farm points in order to get an X-23 cover and it actually doesn't require many points at all. If I do my best and use a few health packs I might just pull it off. I also love how there's these 1-off levels in which you can get some nice materials while facing worthy opponents. Free 50 HP and 2k5 iso? Yes please.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too enjoyed it - fun writing, some great art, creative fight descriptions, and tolerable grind. I only play for the 4* progression reward and then stop. Just a few minutes ago I earned the X-23 cover, bringing her to a 5/1/0. That green can dish out some nice damage at five covers!
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    This is easily my favorite PVE - 2 simple 48 hour subs. One day of grind, one day not-quite-off. Repeat and finish.

I am a fan anytime a 48 hour sub pops up in an event.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    fnedude wrote:
    So honestly, as a PvE player, running DP vs. MPQ (with 2x 2-day) subs.

So after grinding EotS (with it's messed up final progression rewards), and then grinding on the Dr. Strange event, having an event with 2x 2-day sub-events is a welcome change.

Yes, I know that lots will complain about anything and everything, but I think there were plenty of rewards in Dr. Strange (6x Strange tokens from Alliance rewards daily).

In addition, with Election Night, tonight 11/8. If anyone wants to pay attention (or run away from) that, there's no pressure to play MPQ.

EDIT: I also forgot to say, if this was planned, well Thumbs Up from me. If it wasn't, well you lucked out this time! icon_lol.gif

FTFY