Customer Service Fail

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
I'm going to reply and give them another shot, but really ... Really? It's clear they didn't even read the ticket.

My email:
I recently renewed my VIP but don't think I received the proper Legendary tokens.

My IGN is Dr.Strange-616

Pretty straight-forward. Clear, I think.

The reply:
Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

We have received word from the developers that they have discovered an issue where players received tokens for the Strange Sights vaults (Orb of Agamotto, Book of the Vishanti, and Wand of the Watoomb). It appears the issue is a known issue that has prevented players from using the recruit tokens they have collected. There was a patch that credited these items to players accounts who had experienced the issue.

Unfortunately, if you have not used these items as of November 8th at 1:00am EST, than you have lost the opportunity to redeem that token and the recruit tokens have been removed from your account.

In the coming days, we will be crediting the value of the token back to you (350 Hero Points). If you encountered this issue on multiple vaults, you will receive this credit for each vault that was affected.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)

Oy.

Comments

• BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Ouch.

Facepalm.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a similar CS fail experience when I emailed about having had many duplicate 5* covers I couldn't use due to their awful RNG system and got a reply that mind blowing in that it didn't address my complaint at all, but instead said that the token odds are correct and published in game and that if i want a certain character i should buy tokens when that character has a higher change than usual. It was clearly a canned response and one that was not really related to my original email except in a cursory manner.

I came away thinking that a computer AI "read" my email and decided which canned response it should send. After I sent back an email saying "did you even read my email? That is not what I was complaining about" my response from CS was that my ticket was now closed.
  • DrStrange-616
    It does seem pretty clear that a human didn't touch my ticket. The autoreply dealie must have picked up on the word "token" and sent off the most common current issue reply.

I'm sure it saves them manpower, but it's a pretty cruddy CS experience for the user.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    "Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (RBK)"

That is your problem right there. If you get a response from RBK you are guaranteed something like this. I have repeated experiences where RBK clearly does not read the complaint and just sends out a form letter even when there has been a lengthy in-depth e-mail back and forth with other CS reps. I am sure if everyone compiled their bad CS stories RBK would overwhelmingly be the cause of 90% of them...
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    To be fair, they're not native English speakers. They used to work for the mole man and only understand moloid.

I think it's great MPQ promotes such diversity.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is likely because your name is Strange so they just assumed you were asking about the Strange tokens icon_lol.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    It is likely because your name is Strange so they just assumed you were asking about the Strange tokens icon_lol.gif

LOL, I hadn't thought of that!

Also, fwiw, no bonus Strange so far.

eta: looks like a 3* cover is coming. icon_e_smile.gif Hooray!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fail is too light a term for hiw awful things their customer service is. I loved when they ask you for extremely detailed accounts of your problem down to minute it happened.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the new ad $ rolling in, maybe they can hire some literate CS reps
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Keep in mind that most customer service reps are taking your calls/emails in India, where English is not their first language. So, that would explain the inadequate responses. They may have only understood half of what you said.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    The India excuse is **** at this point in the CS industry. They know exactly what you are asking.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    bbigler wrote:
    Keep in mind that most customer service reps are taking your calls/emails in India, where English is not their first language. So, that would explain the inadequate responses. They may have only understood half of what you said.
    This is not called for and untrue. While CS positions may get offshored, I have worked with a large number of support staff overseas who speak and interact in English just fine. This is an automated system scanning an email for keywords and providing a canned response, or a human representative doing the same thing.

Leave pettiness RE: offshoring out of it.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Don't know about their CS being outsourced, but can definitely confirm that RBK is the root of your problem.

Better ask for someone else to review your ticket.