Shield Intercepts not recognizing my VIP

revskip
revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
I purchased VIP several weeks ago and had a bug pop up where I was charged but didn't actually receive the benefits. I opened up a support ticket and after several days they finally activated it for me. Now when I click on the Shield Intercepts rather than having VIP pop in and give me the pop up that I'm VIP I am forced to watch the videos. I paid for VIP shouldn't I get all the features of VIP?

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm having a similar issue. Never had a problem purchasing or renewing my VIP, but today it's still showing me the ads for shield intercepts.
  • revskip
    I sent a ticket to support but I don't think they understood my issue and sent me a response about the other current error message bug.

I am totally able to see the ads and have clicked several to get the bonuses. My issue is that as a VIP I shouldn't have to click and watch the ads as per this post viewtopic.php?f=13&t=54553

"I received a S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercept but I didn’t have to watch the video to get the reward. What happened?

VIPs and players who have supported the game recently get the bonus reward automatically. Thanks!"

Unfortunately I am not automatically receiving the rewards, rather it is kicking me back to the advertisements as if I hadn't paid for VIP.
  • mags1587
    Is this bug tied to the error message fix, or is this something separate? Just wondering when this will be fixed.
  • revskip
    Received another message back from support and am starting to believe that they aren't reading anything I wrote. I sent them an attachment with my order from Oct. 21st along with the ticket number of the original issue with the VIP renewal and they sent me back a message that said my last renewal was in September.
  • mags1587
    I renewed my VIP and the problem went away. This leads me to believe that the problem is with the way that the developers are checking to see if your VIP is still valid.

I took a vacation the other week, without internet access. So there were several days where I did not log into MPQ. I believe the SHIELD Intercept code was checking the current date against the date of my last VIP purchase and using that to determine if I was still a VIP, instead of my current progress in my VIP daily rewards.
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I could not login into the game because of travel. When I renewed the problem went away.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    revskip wrote:
    I purchased VIP several weeks ago and had a bug pop up where I was charged but didn't actually receive the benefits. I opened up a support ticket and after several days they finally activated it for me. Now when I click on the Shield Intercepts rather than having VIP pop in and give me the pop up that I'm VIP I am forced to watch the videos. I paid for VIP shouldn't I get all the features of VIP?

Thank you for letting us know. There are a couple of things that need to be fixed with the new feature that the team is working on. Any players experiencing this issue should see the fix in a future update.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for jumping in the pool, Lakestone!