MPQ one of the top stories on IGN today...

Options
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/28/ ... 3353000009

A direct link to the story. We might get an influx of new players as IGN is the biggest gaming site out there.

Comments

• mischiefmaker
    Options
    The comics publisher also announced Human Torch and a new form of Daken as new characters, and also mentioned that episode 4.5 "will be launching soon with new features."
    3* gold Daken would be NASTY. Do want.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would also go for a 3* Daken. I wonder what his third passive would be.

His Purple makes a red tile for a green match.
    His Black depends on Yellow.
    Obviously, his Green passive would depend on Blue.
      Tougher Than That - Green Passive
      Getting through Daken's attack shows he's just as tough as a defender. Whenever a red strike tile is destroyed, a 50% strength blue protect tile is created.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: 75% strength Level 3: 100% strength. Level 4: A protect tile is also made with any red match. Level 5: Increases Protect tile strength to 185.
    • That's a really unbalanced power. Maybe if it was limited to when Daken destroys his own red tile, and only through matching.
    • PorkBelly
      PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
      Options
      The comics publisher also announced Human Torch and a new form of Daken as new characters, and also mentioned that episode 4.5 "will be launching soon with new features."
      3* gold Daken would be NASTY. Do want.

Nooooooooo!

He's a big enough pain to deal with, as is.

Most of my heavy hitters use green so he's one of the characters I dread seeing, especially when he's buffed.
    • BearVenger
      BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      I think the "freelance correspondent" just copied and pasted from the press release.
    • kidicarus
      kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      jozier wrote:
      That's a really unbalanced power. Maybe if it was limited to when Daken destroys his own red tile, and only through matching.

That was what I was thinking at lvl 141, those strike tiles are going to be a PITA. I'd suggest a red power which relies on red matches to activate that converts the strike tiles to direct damage. That forces the player to decide if he wants to give up the strike tiles for instant damage...
    • Well I think a fitting ability for Daken would be an enraged slash (whatever you want to call it) that mimics Ares' sunder without the healing countdown.

Daken will sacrifice his body to filet his enemy. Combine it with his strike tiles and you can get a lot of damage output at a cost of health to Daken. Now, Daken has a regen so ultimately he could slowly recover, but in the short term he'd be significantly damaged.

It would fit his character and his ability structure, add a direct damage ability, and not overly unbalance him.
    • It's fun to speculate, but I would be shocked if 3* Daken gets a third power.

The whole point of the gold characters was to make a quick turn-around and free up dev time for other pressing issues. If they add a third power to Daken, that doesn't free up much dev time. And there is precedent for two power 3* characters. Daken will be tinykitty enough at 115, I shudder to think of 141.
    • He did at one point steal part of the muramasa, the only blade that can cancel out logan's regen and insert it into his wrist claws. It would make sense that his third skill relies on hurting himself to deal damage.
    • This is definitely a duplicate thread. I'm sure it will be locked as soon as ICEIX gets in to check things out.
    • IceIX
      IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
      Options
      This is definitely a duplicate thread. I'm sure it will be locked as soon as ICEIX gets in to check things out.
      Prophetic!

Please use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5479
    This discussion has been closed.