Newbie with PvP Question

mjs0726
mjs0726 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi all! Just getting back into the game after a hiatus. I'm trying to get more star.pngstar.png covers and read that PvP is a good place to get some. So far though I haven't gotten any, just a lot of ISO. On the matchup screen it says at the bottom that there is a "Chance to get" and an assortment of covers. Are the odds of getting a cover really low?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    1* covers are far more likely as prizes in PVP nodes. Tokens offer your best chances at 2* characters. Chase them. You get a lot of recruitment tokens as progression prizes and in PVE.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    It depends on how many matches you do. I tend to come away at about a 1/10 prize ratio for PVP matches to a 2 star.png cover. Honestly a lot are available in the prologue, and after that, just through progression rewards, and elite tokens.
  • mjs0726
    mjs0726 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Thanks...I've finished all the prologue and have been doing PvE but was just wondering if there was another source I was missing. Most I get are star.png Venom covers
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're able to complete the wave node in Deadpool's Daily you can get a taco token there, which will often give you a 2* cover as well.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Lightning rounds are good for 2*s also. If you start right at the beginning, you can usually get 7-10 seed teams. I tend to get the most 2s from them.
  • tizian2015
    tizian2015 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    mjs0726 wrote:
    Hi all! Just getting back into the game after a hiatus. I'm trying to get more star.pngstar.png covers and read that PvP is a good place to get some. So far though I haven't gotten any, just a lot of ISO. On the matchup screen it says at the bottom that there is a "Chance to get" and an assortment of covers. Are the odds of getting a cover really low?

Before the patch with the higher-iso-selling-rates for full-champed champions we all have a good droprate in pvp for 2* covers. After the patch many people experienced bad droprates. If you are lucky, your best chance will be at the lightningrounds with heroes (im40, cap america, daredevil etc.) as essentials. Its scheduled for next week (after that 2 weeks with villains). Here are some topics about this matter:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45460

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51320

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=52807