PSA: Lightning Rounds likely earlier (U.S.)

SnowcaTT
SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just a reminder - the servers have never taken Daylight Savings Time (United States) into account.

So your LR's will (likely) start an hour earlier than you expect today: probably in 2.5 hrs, not in the 3.5 hours you expect. It is currently 10:30 EST (last week this was 11:30 EST) and they started 1:00pm EST - they'll still start 1:00pm EST on last week's time, which means they'll (likely) start 12:00noon EST.

If they landed on odd hours, they'll now be even. If they landed on even hours, they'll now be odd.

[You need that ISO, go and get it!]

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    was just about to post this. good call. I figured they'd start in 1.5 hrs instead of 2.5. from now, if I have it right.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    thanks for the reminder, completely forgot about them starting earlier.
  • SnowcaTT
    TxMoose wrote:
    was just about to post this. good call. I figured they'd start in 1.5 hrs instead of 2.5. from now, if I have it right.

Yep, you're right - now about 45 mins and they should start
  • SnowcaTT
    And...nothing.

Huh, did they finally fix this after two years?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess not!

I think what happened is that when dst happened they had the events hard coded to the traditional times.

Thats why the PVE and PVP events both started an hour later after DST

I wish they had been clarified on Saturday when people where experiencing DST issues
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Right? The year I've finally grown accustomed to them NOT fixing their schedule they go and fix it?

My lunch hour is sad.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Figures, I was actually looking forward to the change
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    yeah. I actually preferred the winter schedule (odd hrs for me) over the summer. odd hrs let me catch the 11pm and then the 5am if I wanted, only missing the 1 and 3 over night (if I so chose). not staying up for the midnight one, so automatically miss 3 per night. anyway.....whatever. life goes on. if only **** like this was communicated. like, if they had someone to communicate incoming changes.....
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    yeah. I actually preferred the winter schedule (odd hrs for me) over the summer. odd hrs let me catch the 11pm and then the 5am if I wanted, only missing the 1 and 3 over night (if I so chose). not staying up for the midnight one, so automatically miss 3 per night. anyway.....whatever. life goes on. if only **** like this was communicated. like, if they had someone to communicate incoming changes.....
    Completely agree. I was hoping for a change back to odd hours. Alas.