Double strike with trample

Options
Blorbleflorp
Blorbleflorp Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
I know this isn't paper magic, but double strike plus trample should allow the creature to deal the rest of its combat damage to the defending player, when it gets blocked. This is what makes double strike so deadly!

Comments

• MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is true and I am surprised that it has never been mentioned before since it has been a thing since the game came out. A creature with double strike and trample will simply not attack a second time if blocked and kills its blocker on the first strike damage. It should attack again spilling all that damage to the defending planeswalker.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I concur. This is irritates me to no end.
  • alextfish
    Options
    I reported this bug about 9 months ago (through the proper bug ticket system an' everything).
    Not that I was really expecting it to be fixed, but you know. You'd hope.
  • malafein
    malafein Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    I haven't played paper magic in many years, but I thought it was actually working as intended.

Personally, I think it'd be better if they leave it as-is. It keeps defenders that much more useful.
  • Blorbleflorp
    Blorbleflorp Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    malafein wrote:
    I haven't played paper magic in many years, but I thought it was actually working as intended.

Personally, I think it'd be better if they leave it as-is. It keeps defenders that much more useful.

In paper magic, trample just says "you may have that creature deal the REST of its combat damage to the defending player"

In this ggame, it's rather difficult to give a creature double strike and trample, and it will most likely only have both temporarily.
  • alextfish
    Options
    Call of the Full Moon plus Iroas's Champion used to be a standard part of several of my red decks.