SHIELD intercepts. ****?

BassMuffinFIve
BassMuffinFIve Posts: 231
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is this a joke? Like for real, are you joking??

Until now, I had considered this F2P game to be a stingy game with several questionable choices made and screw-ups on a weekly or monthly basis. Oh well, move on, the core game is still fun. Maybe they will get it right someday, right?

But this? Incentivizing us to watch ads? What the heck is going on with you guys? The only other game I have seen do this was Plants vs. Zombies 2, and what a steaming pile of **** that was. But then again, that was another game that decided F2P was the way to go for its sequel, and alienated its fan base because of it. Some of us here actual like good gameplay, and puzzles, and strategy. Not infinite grind.

Here's hoping that someday you will get it straight D3/Demi. Hope to see you in MPQ2 for $15 on Steam.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    They need a way to get $$ from people like me who never or rarely spend on games. Why have millions of players if they're not contributing to the bottom line?
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Incentivizing us to watch ads? What the heck is going on with you guys? The only other game I have seen do this was Plants vs. Zombies 2, and what a steaming pile of **** that was.

Really? Because I thought MPQ was the only game that didn't do this before today.....
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Pretty much every game I play has an option to earn additional currency or items via optional video watching or survey taking. If you don't like it, you simply don't have to do it.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Is this a joke? Like for real, are you joking??

Until now, I had considered this F2P game to be a stingy game with several questionable choices made and screw-ups on a weekly or monthly basis. Oh well, move on, the core game is still fun. Maybe they will get it right someday, right?

But this? Incentivizing us to watch ads? What the heck is going on with you guys? The only other game I have seen do this was Plants vs. Zombies 2, and what a steaming pile of **** that was. But then again, that was another game that decided F2P was the way to go for its sequel, and alienated its fan base because of it. Some of us here actual like good gameplay, and puzzles, and strategy. Not infinite grind.

Here's hoping that someday you will get it straight D3/Demi. Hope to see you in MPQ2 for $15 on Steam.

So you're upset about a completely optional feature that you can ignore and have the same experience as today, or take part in and gain extra bonuses?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would much rather have the CHOICE to watch the Ads and be REWARDED with in game currency than to be FORCED to watch the Ads and get nothing out of it but the privilege of playing the game.

It could be so much worse. Not sure what the freakout is about.
  • I must be lost here. If you don't like ads, nothing has changed for you. You still click Claim to get your reward from that mission and carry on. No ad, no bonus reward for watching the ad. Why does this zero impact to ad-haters warrant a complainer post?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    howard_icon.pngPlease use the official thread to discuss S.H.I.E.L.D. Intercepts located here: https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?&f=7&t=54554 howard_icon.png
  • rbdragon wrote:
    Really? Because I thought MPQ was the only game that didn't do this before today.....

I don't play games that do that, because those games are trash. This game is now taking on traits that those games share. Take it as you will. I choose to see that as a bad sign.
This discussion has been closed.