Please rebuild XFW!!!!!

CCW1208
CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
I don't know how many XFW tokens i have sold for 1000 iso. There are so many 4* characters in the MPQ. But I just don't want to champion XFW. Why?????
(1)All other wolvewine have good healing ability. The XFW use yellow counting tile to heal. Its really ridiculous.
(2)Since most active veteran players have 5* OML, this would make XFW became useless.
We can see the same condition with JG and Phoenix. They use different abilities so both characters are useful. I don't believe buffing XFW could change this condition. The only way to make XFW shining again is to rebuild it, like Starlord and Chilk.

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    So for one, championing characters is always worth it, no matter how trashy they are - the extra flow of HP and CP adds up to a lot over time.

For two, am I the only one who thinks XFW is actually kind of alright? Admittedly his green needs a little more damage, but black hits like a truck and yellow is actually pretty decent - even at 3 covers it heals a big chunk of his health, and it always fires the damage/board shake if it's eliminated, so you always get something out of it.

Granted, he's in the "only really usable when boosted" category but that's true of 75% of characters these days anyway.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    You don't like his healing now? You know it used to be a 7-turn CD tile?

But yeah, it would be nice if they could bump him up a little. By both nerfing him in april 2015 AND leaving him out of the health shift, they have really taken a huge bite out if his utility. There is plenty of room to move him up without upsetting the 4* power structure.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFW is very good with 3*Magneto and Loki to get endless tile cycling/damage
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Jarvind wrote:
    So for one, championing characters is always worth it, no matter how trashy they are - the extra flow of HP and CP adds up to a lot over time.

For two, am I the only one who thinks XFW is actually kind of alright? Admittedly his green needs a little more damage, but black hits like a truck and yellow is actually pretty decent - even at 3 covers it heals a big chunk of his health, and it always fires the damage/board shake if it's eliminated, so you always get something out of it.

Granted, he's in the "only really usable when boosted" category but that's true of 75% of characters these days anyway.

I agree with your observations. His green needs a lot more damage associated with it but his black and yellow are a-ok.

The REAL problem comes from the fact that he is completely overshadowed by OML. As soon as you have a yellow OML cover, maybe a yellow and black, I feel like it's a case of "why should I bother with XFW?"
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    His green is pathetic. His black is cool, but sometimes it is useless (target tiles wont appear on board). Yellow is good and can be used as pretty good attack skill.
    XFW is below average 4*. In my eyes he is like 2/5, there are worse 4*s covers now that could use some care.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    XFW is very good with 3*Magneto and Loki to get endless tile cycling/damage

This.

This is my go-to team vs. goons in PVE. This team can take out three goons that are 100 levels higher than them, because their countdown tiles rarely survive. Fire Magneto's red once you have enough AP for a couple casts of Loki's purple and get the cascade ball rolling, then use XFW black/green and Mag's blue to keep it going and chew through enemies. Use Magneto's yellow on a slow board to give you time to nab more AP.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    XFW is bad. But I still want to champ him in hopes of him being reworked. I champed starlord and then he got super good. Here's hoping the same happens to xfw. One of the first 4stars that I leveled past 200 and he has stayed there ever since.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:

But yeah, it would be nice if they could bump him up a little. By both nerfing him in april 2015 AND leaving him out of the health shift, they have really taken a huge bite out if his utility. There is plenty of room to move him up without upsetting the 4* power structure.

I know many players like his yellow power. But if we can choose his yellow power like OML or Patch ( true healing 5-10% hitpoint every turn), how many players would still like yellow counting tile?
  • His green is atrocious. Why does X-23's green do 2.5k more damage for the same 8 green cost, while at the same time she also has superior healing? By the time XFW has matched yellow 3 times to cast his countdown tile, X-23 will have already healed for 4500. By the time the countdown goes off, potentially 9000... (repeating, of course).

His yellow is really bad. Sure, it can create cascades if you match the tile, but just as often, it is a free cascade for your opponent with minimal damage taken.

D3/Demi nerf XFW to the ground then release characters that are 2-3x more powerful than him. I don't get it.

As for XFW teams with 3*stars, I think XFW/Magneto/(IF or Hood) are better than XFW/Magneto/Loki.

Currently a 1/1/1 OML obsoletes XFW.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    If you look at oml, the only ability of his that makes him stand out so much is his healing. His red passive isn't anything spectacular and his black is great when you can get the ap. If it wasn't for his healing, he would not be that great of a 5*. Yeah, I know, match damage would still be high and he'd be a beast to get through but there are better 5*s out there, just not with passive healing. If xfw had a passive healing ability, he would be one of the top tier 4*s, unfortunately though, he does not and is overshadowed by oml.

I personally like playing with xfw when given the chance but since his yellow healing usually gets put in the worst possible location on the board and the ai almost always matches it away, I don't use him as much.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler

I personally like playing with xfw when given the chance but since his yellow healing usually gets put in the worst possible location on the board and the ai almost always matches it away, I don't use him as much.

Consider his yellow an offensive weapon. If it doesn't blow anyone up, he get's healed, bonus.

Yeah, I guess since I'm mid 4* transition (only 4 champed 4*s and 2 more that are ready to be max leveled) xfw gets stuck out front a lot and absorbs most of the damage. Until I can get more 4*s leveled, this will always be my problem with him.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Really? 7? Change it to a reduced heal per turn totaling the same end heal after 7 turns and leave on the damage-when-matched effect, and we might be talking some business. Heh, how annoying would that be as defense when XFW somehow gets 2~3 of those rolling (today on Starlord's discount sale!)?
    I still hate the nerfed out base damage on X-Force, but at least the destroyed tiles deal damage and that damn cascade can really ruin your day. Surprise! Free blacktile.png matches followed by Surgical Strike!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    surgical strike is awesome
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    surgical strike is awesome
    Well, you need enough tiles to do damage and when all enemies have the same strongest color (pretty often in PvE, less common in PvP), you are screwed, and your black is useless for a few rounds.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    I tend to run XFW with 4 star.png Deadpool and a 1-2 punch of CDtoWhat and Surgical Strike can annihilate teams.

Depending on the opposition I can either run with Prof X or Hulkbuster to fill out the Blue