Forum Thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum Thread

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    They say that we can't use certain characters together, because they don't exist together in the comics.

icon_e_confused.gif Ooookaaayyy. Am I the only one seeing something wrong with that argument? It's flippin' comic books for crying out loud. Where anything is possible. Heck, even in the comics, there's been countless times when there are two of the same person. Clones, robots, skrull, shape shifter, different dimensions, time travel, long lost twin, live model decoy. Whatever.

So, I can see absolutely no reason why we can't use multiple versions of the same character. Just think, Patch, Xforce, and OML. Now that would be fun. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Another thing, I'd like it if all events were like boss battles where you can use any variant. If Wolverine is essential, then let me choose between 2* Wolverine, Patch, Xforce, X23, or OML.
    Or if Spider-Man is essential, then let me choose from any of the several dozen Spider folk in the game.

*edit: agree with the comment in the thumbs up. Demi wants to stick to certain rules about the comics? Fine. Sounds good. Just explain why 5* Natasha can easily defeat 2* Wolverine and 2* Thor. Together !!! Seriously? Since when can Black Widow take out Thor or Wolverine? Let alone the two together.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't Bruce still able to Hulk after Cho got the Hulkiness from him? Been a long time since I've directly read the comics, but I thought I saw something about it.

Also, I'd argue that triple Hulk is not a good team. Classic Hulk would only tank... nothing and never activate Anger, and Red's only worth a kitty if you're draining the Green that Rulk needs. Rulk 'n' Chulk has been amazing at getting me through Strange Sights on the other hand, wrecking face for my undeveloped Nova as well as killing the Kingpin that someone thought to put in the 2-star node (against Classic Storm? Really? Buff her all you want, low level Kingpin will destroy her, strumming her pain with his finger, killing her quickly with his Black, killing her quickly_ with his Black). Oh, and Hulk Bros and destroying DP vs MPQ too. Prof X, Fury, and Widow? Whatever, Hammer and Anvil, they gone. Only real pain in the tinykitty mission is Starlord, Kamala, and "Imma' change density again, 'kay?" Vision activating that KITTY HEAL ALL THE KITTY TIME!

But yeah, Cho and Bruce shouldn't be exclusive. You're just better off not using them together.