Disappointing end to Strange's story?

Pylgrim
Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Not sure whether this is a bug and only I experienced it, since I see no other threads about it, but after beating Kaecilius the third time, I got the same "such a failure... I'll wait until I face you again" dialogue lines from him, and then that was it! Even with the three artifacts, he remained undefeated.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Go see the movie to find out what happens next!

Except the event doesn't tie into the movie in any way shape or form, so yeah I totally agree with you. Unless they do a TA Hulk style single event with a 5* Doctor Strange cover given away at the end to end the story, it does feel anti climactic.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Such a disappointment.

They could've done something like a wave node final boss fight where you have to get through Mindless Ones and fight him for a last time, but his abilities change based on his health. Like a proper boss.

Anything would've been preferable to the nothing we got.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    We need a final monologue from Dr. Strange after he beats Kaecillius the 3rd time. Like "Return when you will, Kaecillius! Me and all my bad **** artifacts are here waiting for you!" Or something like that. Closure, you know.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Maybe there's going to be a direct follow-up event, sort of like The Hunt.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was made sad by this lack of closure as well. More's the pity that I enjoyed reading the story, unlike the abomination that is the Cho event.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    The last leg of the event ended one hour earlier than the previous two. That was more disappointing than the story to me. I hope they never do that tinykitty again.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    cardoor wrote:
    The last leg of the event ended one hour earlier than the previous two. That was more disappointing than the story to me. I hope they never do that tinykitty again.

Daylight savings. It didn't actually end an hour earlier.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc wrote:
    cardoor wrote:

Daylight savings. It didn't actually end an hour earlier.

I realized that once I cooled down. Thanks, was obviously more PO'd than rational at the time of the post icon_redface.gif
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Did the order I chose my subs make any difference in story or difficulty?
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I can think of something they could have added to make the ending more exciting (and probably expediently tougher) but then we'd be mad about spoilers icon_e_wink.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    You are correct.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... -Mz0bvMp4d

Playlist of whole event. All 3 boss dialogues are pretty much the same, except referring to the artifacts.

https://youtu.be/0nlTyOhnMsE?list=PLY0v ... -Mz0bvMp4d
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed, I was like "Huh? That's it?". Very disappointing.

They could at least have rewarded us with a sparkly victory banner. icon_cry.gif
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    I'm still waiting for the ending to dark reign.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really disappointing, I was hoping for another new node on the main sub to open after defeating K with the ending, but nothing happened, no end to the story, and we got the exact same dialog. Lame icon_e_sad.gif

In the end, defeating K three times got us just 3cps :S I was hoping for a Strange LT after beating him the third time. I guess he was supposed to be just another node in the history, but it was way anti-climatic.

Said this, I still prefer to have new stories, even without the end, than keep doing the same ones over and over, so at least kudos for the new content. Now, if they decide to fix scaling this can be a really nice event.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    While some might lament the lack of a proper conclusion of the story, I actually think they deserve some credit for making the boss fights a nice little bonus to each sub rather than being the primary focus of the event, especially since it was another gimmick teams only fight.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Another disappointing thing was that there were no dialogue changes depending on which order of subs you play. When they said that the story could be played in any order and that would improve the replayability of the event I was expecting that you would be able to get slightly different stories for each path or something, like Dr Strange being able to team up with heroes he met in one sub to the next. As far as I can tell it's completely meaningless which order you pick.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    BearVenger wrote:
    Did the order I chose my subs make any difference in story or difficulty?
    I played Orb > Wand > Book. In the third, I think he mentions he was using the Orb (or maybe it was the eye? are those two separated relics, and if they are, why does Agamotto have more artifacts around than the others?
  • It was right there. They could have used the space after beating kaecilius the third time for a cloak of Levitation token. Or something. But no. Super disappointed
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I'm so glad I checked the forums this morning because, like the OP, I too was incredibly confused/disappointed with the non-ending! They got the stories right with the Howard the Duck PVE and Deadpool vs. the MPQ so I am definitely disappointed with the lack of any story-wise acknowledgement of beating it all the way through.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed that after the first few days, the previously done missions would have Red Checks on them. But certainly on the third day, the previously done missions were locked instead of Red Checks. So I think the PVE got reset, and thus after the third mission, it thought we had only done one mission and just had one item.

I think it was a bug!!!!!!

I think that if the PVE had truly realized that we had all three items, it would have given us the more conclusive ending we had expected. Maybe??