johnmcclane
johnmcclane Posts: 170
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Maybe it's me, but I don't understand how positioning in Strange PvE works:
In 1st sub, i finished around top100
In 2nd, I finished t50
In 3rd, I'm currently t30

Yet, in the main event i'm around t220

Considering that sub3 has more points than s2, I should be around at least t100 in the main...or not? How does it work?

Thank you

Comments

• Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    The people of your event were each time separated in the three different sub events.

You should think that your placements in sub-event were with only 300+ other people.
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    you pretty much said it. this is due to people in your slice taking a different path to complete the Strange puzzle. also, some people didn't wait for the timer or chose to grind all the 6 clears already. If you did 4 clears, you're probably sitting where you should be at. It will change on final grind towards end anyways. Just sit and wait patiently.

I was top 5, in the book mission, top 1 in the orb. and was sitting outside of top 10 overall. once the last mission opened (after the time change fiasco) and did 4 clears, i was back in top 3. Sitting outside the top 5, because people started the grind early today for slice 5. still got 10 hours to go for final grind. Hope that helps
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Maybe it's me, but I don't understand how positioning in Strange PvE works:
    In 1st sub, i finished around top100
    In 2nd, I finished t50
    In 3rd, I'm currently t30

Yet, in the main event i'm around t220

Considering that sub3 has more points than s2, I should be around at least t100 in the main...or not? How does it work?

Thank you

I'm in a very similar position. Went top 50, top 100, & sitting top 20, yet am 150ish overall. I went Hand, Doom, Maggia. Don't think alot of people went in that order, so I must be in smaller pools of players. It's just a weird quirk of this event.
  • I went Maggia, Hand, Doom.
    Final result, top100 in s3..and 247 in the main.

thanks for the reply guys