Individual progression in Avacyn's madness

Options
Ithilglin
Ithilglin Posts: 28
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ Events
Avacyn's madness is a coalition event. As I understand it, it means it is teamwork based.However, there are individual progression rewards.

The highest reward is at 450 points (at least in silver tear). So if each member of coalition should win that amount of points, the coalition score would be at least 9000.

Problem : the boss is dead long before that score and so it's impossible for every 20 members of a coalition to win all rewards. It's also means that virtually leads to a race between the members of the coalition to be sure to win the maximum points before the others kill the boss.

Am I correct in my analysis ? If so, I don't find that logical for a team event .

Shouldn't be the progression rewards reachable by all the members of a coalition, at least theoretically ?

What do you think ?

Comments

• BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    It would be nice if there was a better way to let people who aren't online all day have a chance to get rewards. I rarely get halfway through before she's gone and I can never get past the Wolf that is on the same wheel as Avacyn, so I am never able to contribute to reducing her health (unless other battles contribute?)
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ithilglin wrote:
    Avacyn's madness is a coalition event. As I understand it, it means it is teamwork based.However, there are individual progression rewards.

The highest reward is at 450 points (at least in silver tear). So if each member of coalition should win that amount of points, the coalition score would be at least 9000.

Problem : the boss is dead long before that score and so it's impossible for every 20 members of a coalition to win all rewards. It's also means that virtually leads to a race between the members of the coalition to be sure to win the maximum points before the others kill the boss.

Am I correct in my analysis ? If so, I don't find that logical for a team event .

Shouldn't be the progression rewards reachable by all the members of a coalition, at least theoretically ?

What do you think ?

There's no problem with your analysis. It's your understanding of the event that's flawed.

Everyone on the server hits avacyn at the same time. You're competing with every coalition to do the most nodes before avacyn dies, not just your coalition. If avacyn dies before everyone in your coalition gets rewards, it's not because your coalition has been cannibalizing nodes.

Since it's possible to hit 450 points within 24 hours, and the event usually lasts 2+ days, it's more than theoretically possible for the whole team to hit it
  • Ithilglin
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Everyone on the server hits avacyn at the same time.

Ok , I didn't notice that part of the event so I understand the individual rewards now.