What do we think of the Mindless Ones?

2»

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    They were interesting characters. Reminded me of slower Symbiotes, but much more deadly in later rounds. Thank goodness they don't move the board.

I didn't use a special tile stealer this time to see how tough they would be to deal with directly... I didn't get much further than the initial 4 clears before I was frustrated.

If I wasn't so busy this weekend, I would have gotten a lot more green checks and messed with tile stealers or Bullseye and just destroyed them.

All in all, not bad, but like all Goons, horrible when scaled 400+
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I thought they were pretty cool. The first time an AOE hit me it was a learning lesson but otherwise they were very manageable. I took a teammates advice and left most of my 5's on the bench. Great combo with a lot of success was OML, Nova and Star Lord. OML was really only there to make the damage a little more. Star Lord's passive made boosted Nova's powers super cheap and it was very easy to spam his red and yellow. If you did get in trouble, Star Lord's purple can overwrite any tile.

The one exception was that damn node with the 2 Sentry's. That was impossible and cost me an easy top 10 in my bracket. After the 4 initial clears, I never beat it again. I threw combination after combination at it and failed miserably. They had special tiles getting buffed, critical tiles, 5 star match damage and over 100k health. I for one am sick and tired of being a free beta tester. This is the second new event in a row where the scaling tinykittied me and many others. I'm not asking for anything other than for them to fix the tinykitty game. Please start testing this game with more than Bagman, Yelena and Mr Fantastic. I'm all for a challenge but when several people can't complete a node where lower level scaling can then the game is broken.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you have board control or a quick win strategy, then mindless ones are easy, otherwise, they can beat you in the long game.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I was impressed but I do think the game likes high health fights a bit too much. I don't think it makes these particular guys worse (they need the HP to get to the late game where they're interesting) but too many fights in MPQ are too grindy overall and it's a direct result of high hit points everywhere.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also their art is gorgeous. It's a great adaptation of their comics design.

Ditko would be proud.

Except you'd never know, as he's a recluse who doesn't speak to anybody.