Howard the Golem Killer!

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Is anybody else using Howard the Duck to wipe out these golems? Hes absolutely perfect for them.

Green - wipes out all green AOE tiles that crush your team and shakes up the board.

Blue - Take out those annoying tiles they create and/or stun them to buy yourself time and line up matches.

Pink - Hide from those strike tiles while doing damage.

Using him in these nodes made them a breeze. Typically pair him with OML and IF

Thoughts??

Comments

• halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds smart!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not terrible, sadly all I have for him is blue so Bullseye Kamala Khan and Cyclops worked well for me with the 3 Mindless node
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Waugh!

(This is a good idea. I'll have to try it.)
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Howard may not be a top 4*, but he is often underestimated. He would definitely be considered when other options fail. I have all colors, but he's not fully covered, wish for more covers of him...

On a side note, did anyone try this trio in the strange event: iceman + nova + IM40? Strike tiles, stun, airborne, AoE, nukes... Can blast through many nodes easily.
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Imo Howard is the most underrated toon in the game (just posted that in alliance chat a couple days ago). One of my best decisions ever was to champ him. Duck Duck Loose is good on it's own, and flat out devastating with OML or Pho strikes. Both green and blue are solid powers, and great against goons and minion types. He's similar to Ant Man in that he's a little bit slow to get going, but once he does he is hell on wheels. If he gets invisible it's just a matter of time until the match is over. The invisiblity power is so strong that he can make monster comebacks too. When boosted, he's absolutely viable in pvp too. I run him with my champed OML in fear of no other team.

The only problem with Howard is that he's on the joke tier with Devil Dino, so his covers are very difficult to get and he's almost never boosted. He's so fun to use, it's a shame that he only gets boosted a couple times a year. I use him in pvp any time he's buffed, but he's too squishy otherwise.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    nova is really good in this event, always fun to make low orbit satellites