Strange 3* pull rate

bpcontra
bpcontra Posts: 176
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously D3....why in the world did you make Spiderman's pull rate 2.8% and Dr. Strange (whom the event and pull packs are named after) 0.6%.

Can you honestly just give us a tiny little gimpse that you actually care about the playerbase? Its a 3*...why make it so freaking hard to pull during this event?

As a company, if you tailor the game for the players...the money will come in. If you tailor the game for money....the players will leave.

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is nothing different here for any new release. Featured characters are boosted and you get a shot at the new character BEFORE he's released.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going to start a new phrase here....

....."you're supposed to get angry"
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Working as intended
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    The event tokens are bad? ****BREAKING NEWS****

On a more serious note, they have pretty much always been bad. One of the reasons, you'll get plenty of them by just playing
    the event (even more so with Strange Things) so they can't afford to be too generous with the odds. It's with that line of thinking
    that new chars have the really really bad odds in those tokens now.

The compromise they gave us is that events with no new characters include a vault instead of the old single token pull. It's not
    a huge improvement but it's something, it really depends on what you get as your "chosen" 4*'s. If the 4*'s do not interest you or are
    already covered well then, just pony up more HP to reset the vault and hope you get better picks...

(vault reset should be cheaper btw)
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Lets hope he will be required for next PvE - he would have increased chances from tokens plus he would be obtainable from progress loot.
  • Drop rates didn't affect me at all this morning. I still pulled 7 2 star.png with my 7 dr strange tokens this morning.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Lets hope he will be required for next PvE - he would have increased chances from tokens plus he would be obtainable from progress loot.

The standard new character release pattern is

Release PVE -> Featured PvE -> Featured PvP.

No reason to expect any different here.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:

The standard new character release pattern is

Release PVE -> Featured PvE -> Featured PvP.

No reason to expect any different here.

Likewise

Release Event Token -> Featured in Vault -> PVP Token

And if you want GOOD odds on the character, you go for those PVP tokens anyways.
  • InfernosEnforcer
    InfernosEnforcer Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Yeah I got 2 5* Strange day one, but still don't have a 3* which is an essential in the next PVE. I expect to get him from ranking though.