It's time to 4*! Or not? Looking for advice...

Stussi
Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi, I finally make the decision to convert my CP and LT into 4/5*...but I'm not so sure that is the right time so please give me some hint.

Now I have 67 slot in my roster:
22 champions 3* (all the strongest)
28 4* (just 6 of those with +100 level)
6 3* almost champions
10 2* almost 144 level so almost ready to be sold
Juggernaut for Taco

+900 CP
32 Legendary token to be opened
+800K hero points
2500 gold points

My idea is to use my CP for Sanctum Sanctorum so I maximize 4* tokens and have only Doctor Strange as 5* (at least 36 tokens)

Or is better to use CP for Classic Legend and open at least 45 tokens? Then I will start to open my LT too...

Should I wait more? Ready to listen your advice! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stussi wrote:
    Hi, I finally make the decision to convert my CP and LT into 4/5*...but I'm not so sure that is the right time so please give me some hint.

Now I have 67 slot in my roster:
    22 champions 3* (all the strongest)
    28 4* (just 6 of those with +100 level)
    6 3* almost champions
    10 2* almost 144 level so almost ready to be sold
    Juggernaut for Taco

+900 CP
    32 Legendary token to be opened
    +800K hero points
    2500 gold points

My idea is to use my CP for Sanctum Sanctorum so I maximize 4* tokens and have only Doctor Strange as 5* (at least 36 tokens)

Or is better to use CP for Classic Legend and open at least 45 tokens? Then I will start to open my LT too...

Should I wait more? Ready to listen your advice! icon_e_biggrin.gif

One spot of difficulty: your next three roster spots are going to cost a combined 2750 imcoin.png , or just slightly more than you've got on hand right now.

You have 28 4* on your roster, which means in a Sanctum Sanctorum token, there are going to be 9 4* you haven't yet any covers for. So if you stick to Sanctum Sanctorum tokens, between 5* Strange and the 4* you don't have, that's 10 potential new characters you might open if you pull a full 36 tokens. That means either some covers might get wasted, or you may have to pull out your wallet.

And, of course, if you open 32 Latest LTs and 45 Classic LTs, you're opening nearly 80 tokens, except the additional 5* bring you from 10 characters to 16 possible "I don't have them yet" characters that you could pull and then have to figure out what to do.

So before I do anything, if I were you, I'd think about how willing you are to spend money on additional imcoin.png if that ends up happening. If you aren't, then what I would counsel is stopping when you pull the second character, of either rarity, you haven't already rostered. If you're unwilling to spend on additional imcoin.png if necessary but you spend all your CP/open all your LTs, that's wasted resources.

I do think if you open anything, you're probably best served with the Sanctum tokens though, yeah; the odds of pulling a 5* aren't quite as high, so in theory you should be able to use more of what you do pull, and it minimizes the number of new-to-you pulls for which you'd have to make a decision.
  • Stussi
    Stussi Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Ok, so you suggest to have at least 10 slot available before use all my CP or use CP on Sanctum tokens until I fill all my slots with the tokens I get, right? Than I wait to use my LT...

Another chance is to remove useless 4* and the 5* I get...

Which are the useless 4*?!? icon_rolleyes.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stussi wrote:
    Ok, so you suggest to have at least 10 slot available before use all my CP or use CP on Sanctum tokens until I fill all my slots with the tokens I get, right? Than I wait to use my LT...

Another chance is to remove useless 4* and the 5* I get...

Which are the useless 4*?!? icon_rolleyes.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Not quite. I recommend not using them all at once. Use what you can sustain based on the resources you have.

Now, if your pulls are such that you end up only getting two totally new-to-you characters, that's great!

But if you were to open 36 Sanctorum tokens and get 9 new characters, you'd have 29 usable covers, but 7 would potentially go to waste. At 25 CP/pull, that's 175 wasted CP. Ouch.

There's nothing wrong with having a stash left over after you've made what progress your resources can sustain, is what I'm saying. icon_e_smile.gif and then when you have enough imcoin.png for another slot or two, have another token party!