these things are a little overpowered no?

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Protect tiles that reduce damage by 5000+. attacks that do 7000+ aoe damage.

c'mon now, seriously...

Comments

• snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Yes. They seriously need to turn down the scaling. Things are getting asinine.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Which things are you referring to? If it is about the new goons they are fine. If it's about sentry goons I agree they need to be scaled down.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    the golems in the doc strange event.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the Golems that start the match with strike tiles AND the attack tiles.. it's basically an instant healthpack after the match

The one reason I love facing goons, isn't just because of the puzzle element of how can I match those CD tiles, but mainly because I have a good chance of not losing any health. The Golems feel like Ulton Sentries except their don't move the board.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I take it you haven't done the middle sub yet then, because those Mindless Ones are silly easy compared to 117k hp Sentries that just do 10k+ damage per turn.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of the three most recently-released goons, I much prefer the Mindless Ones. To the extent they're a problem, it's the same problem that's been around: feeders for movers.

But they don't have the nasty passive board shake + active board move of the Sentry Fighters, they don't have the "o hai if you don't kill me in about three turns I'm going to start spawning crits all up in here" of the gunners, and they don't have the "i'm just gonna spawn a bunch of tiles to trigger my healing passive" of the Sentry Flyers.

They're not remotely as annoying as the Kishu's Caltrops (hi, you just killed me, but take an AOE trap to the face anyway and THEN we'll disable the rest) and Teisetsu (hi you just killed me, now take a few fists to the face until you can match them off) ninjas.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    The only problem I've found with them is when they start a wave and their levels are far too high--health well above my team. I could not for the life of me even get past the first wave of them for a third clear. Automatic damage straight away if you don't get lucky on placement, and a 1K shield tile sitting in a corner doesn't help things. I tried with tile targeting characters and the whole team would just get whittled down too fast while trying to collect AP, and still trying to match away green and purple.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I don't think I've retreated as often as I have in this event. One tile in the wrong position and it's a waiting game until the deluge of eyebeams go off. Very thankful for only 10% retreat damage nowadays as it's pretty easy to scope out a bad board and just retry with the same team.

They're pain in the butt tier but more on a par with Teisatsus and Muscles, not quite as bad as Kishus and Sentries.