let's be honest, it's not a bug

TheOncomingStorm
TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
after my invisible prof x just died to a red moonstone tup, I'm not buying this is a bug. if you look at the abilities that are supposedly "broken", they're all abilities that would made the strange boss mode a lot more manageable. it's bad enough this was not communicated in game, but to try and pass these off as bugs all of a sudden. I'm not buying it.

btw, still haven't gotten my 56k dp or missing rewards yet. which again, would not have become an issue if the deactivated features had been communicated in game. you know, where the entire player base would have actually seen them.

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I've literally used none of the broken characters to beat him both times. I'vebeat him both times without dying.

None of the broken powers would do jack **** for helping towards the fight other than perhaps thing. His AoE would go through invisible anyway, he doesn't take damage so whales is irrelevant, he'd basically 1 shot everyone even with quake passive... So I'm not buying what you're selling is the conclusion.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    I said easier, not impossible. there is a difference. I have since beaten myself with px, now that I figured out someone else needed to eat the tup.

I was also close (one strike tile) match left with a quicksilver team.

also, if you're using 5*s (higher health), you're playing a different game than me. I'm in 3* to 4* transition still. because I refuse to spend ridiculous hours playing (I play 30 minutes or less almost every day), the game is set up to keep me from your greatness, which I've accepted. however, that does not mean you understand strategy better than me or that you are correct on your assessment that the "bugs" would not have made easier. I mean www is just lul mode.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I said easier, not impossible. there is a difference. I have since beaten myself with px, now that I figured out someone else needed to eat the tup.

I was also close (one strike tile) match left with a quicksilver team.

also, if you're using 5*s (higher health), you're playing a different game than me. I'm in 3* to 4* transition still. because I refuse to spend ridiculous hours playing (I play 30 minutes or less almost every day), the game is set up to keep me from your greatness, which I've accepted. however, that does not mean you understand strategy better than me or that you are correct on your assessment that the "bugs" would not have made easier. I mean www is just lul mode.

I beat it with 182 QS 172 switch and level 70 Elektra. I'm playing the same game as you, friend.

As "lul mode" as whales may be, it does zero damage to him even if you could press the button 3x over.

Actually switch is 168.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    None of these bugs would make this battle easier. What part of the strategy involved with the boss dictates that any of those characters would have helped had they had the correct abilities? Also what team did you use?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, Super Wales might have won if it worked, but we won't know until next time (depends on if it's counted as doing damage to get the win). And the invisible bug is only for abilities, not match damage (someone already mentioned the Kaecilius "I win" power is AOE, right? So it wouldn't matter if bug fixed or not.)
  • TheOncomingStorm
    I'm too lazy to look up, but do black would help with him protecting and healing against match damage when strike tiles out, and px not dying to tup would be nice. just offhand with little thought or research.

and yes, I give many things little thought. it's how us lazy folk roll.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The best 4* for the boss battle is Electra. She can convert the big strike tiles to much smaller ones while still giving you strike tiles to match. Her black is the only power that can survive the black AOE and then give you multiple turns to avoid match damage. What you need is a true healing tank out front or a massive meat shield and bord shake or board manipulation to go with her. Super Whales does 100k damage AOE and that is why it does not kill a team in BOP. Super Whales is not a i win button it does damage.
    The reality is invisibility isn't a good power against this only way I would bring invisibility is if it was IW as. TU and I would use it if Electra was about to die to match damage. Bringing IW or Profesor X as part of your team is a real waste s the Black AOE is the only power you need to worry about.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Hmmm let's see the "bug" happened on release 112. It also happened to coincide with the 7th Crash of the Titans. 112+7 = 119. The "bug" reversed the ability of Passives(attacks go thru invisible, huge attacks don't trigger Thing shields, Quakes AOE attack shield actually shields all attacks). The reverse of 119 is 911.

9/11 folks.

Broken Passives don't melt steel beams.

STAY WOKE.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Not to mention that Quake's "bug" made her even more awesome.