an attacking mana battery?

Options
morgue427
morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
edited November 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
if you use imprison in the moon to tun say a token creature into the 0/1 token that gives you 1 mana per turn, then you buff it does i know it will attack but does it give you more mana each turn? just got it and havent had a chance to really test it out yet?

Comments

• tiuffw
    tiuffw Posts: 12
    Options
    Yup. If you buff a Moon token, it will still give you mana equal to whatever it's new toughness is now.
  • white_noise
    Options
    This is how you win with Jace 2 against high HP AI encounters, like Avacyn. Put a Scion in play, preferably the same turn as a card draw with Unravel on the board. (Jace 2's 3rd loyalty ability). Moon prison the scion netting you minimum of 3 mana, 15 or more if you had it buffed via unravel. Now every time you draw a card it buffs moon prison by 4/4 which can result in you gaining absurd amounts of mana each turn. Just make sure you have the card draw to support such crazy mana gains. Games usually end quite quickly at this point.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    well i dont have unravel but i will see what i can get to work thanks
  • alextfish
    Options
    This is how you win with Jace 2 against high HP AI encounters, like Avacyn. Put a Scion in play, preferably the same turn as a card draw with Unravel on the board. (Jace 2's 3rd loyalty ability). Moon prison the scion netting you minimum of 3 mana, 15 or more if you had it buffed via unravel. Now every time you draw a card it buffs moon prison by 4/4 which can result in you gaining absurd amounts of mana each turn. Just make sure you have the card draw to support such crazy mana gains. Games usually end quite quickly at this point.
    Whoa. That's a very cool trick. I'll have to try that now that I randomly got Imprisoned in the Moon from a free booster icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I always laugh when the AI uses it against my Nahiri deck. Thanks for the 5 or 9 mana per turn!
  • Ithilglin
    Options
    Yes, imprisonned in The moon is really a great help when you play Nahiri or Sorin with many healings each turn ^^