Options
2»

Comments

• Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Etheus wrote:
    Kjempen wrote:
    All in this list are now champed also except for two. Missing 2 Punisher covers still. And Moon Knight is fully covered and levelled up to over 200. On my way to champ him since I didn't get Kate fully covered yet. But I also have 4* Blade near fully covered, and I must say his strike tiles are impressive, and nearly 2.500 damage each turn at level 150. I expect him to be devastating when champed. Any more recommendations? How about Star-Lord? Can he be used in place of IM40?

I love the new Star Lord. I consider him a top tier 4* just based on his passive. His ability to accelerate all powers except black is huge. I have champion SS/OML and I will often use SL 5/5/3 as my third in SIM. I can often take out Rulks for only 10 red ap. I'm not sure how SL plays in the 4* only tier, but he's definitely a player in the 5* transition.

SL cannot replace IM40. No one can do what IM40 does: turn 6 ap into 36 ap. SL's ap generation is random and cannot be relied upon. But SL accelerates differently. Let's compare using Iceman. IM40 needs 2 yellow matches + 2 more turns of countdown to deliver 12 blue ap, 9 green ap, and 3 purple ap. That's 1 build/punch a snow man and most of a whiteout in the time it took to make at least 4 matches. SL's passive drops the total cost for build/punch a snowman to 8 blue ap. This can be done in 3 matches. Recharge hasn't had time to resolve yet. So in some respects SL has an advantage over IM40.

Now run them together with Iceman:
    Recharge @4Y ap = 12R, 12B, 9G, 3P
    B/P a snowman @4B ap = 2 stuns and 1 punch for 12B
    Now also consider that for 3 yellow matches, you could cast Recharge twice in the same turn...

Thanks! This has helped my decision. I will now take Star-Lord past level 200, and champ him if I can.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kjempen wrote:
    Etheus wrote:

SL cannot replace IM40. No one can do what IM40 does: turn 6 ap into 36 ap. SL's ap generation is random and cannot be relied upon. But SL accelerates differently. Let's compare using Iceman. IM40 needs 2 yellow matches + 2 more turns of countdown to deliver 12 blue ap, 9 green ap, and 3 purple ap. That's 1 build/punch a snow man and most of a whiteout in the time it took to make at least 4 matches. SL's passive drops the total cost for build/punch a snowman to 8 blue ap. This can be done in 3 matches. Recharge hasn't had time to resolve yet. So in some respects SL has an advantage over IM40.

Now run them together with Iceman:
    Recharge @4Y ap = 12R, 12B, 9G, 3P
    B/P a snowman @4B ap = 2 stuns and 1 punch for 12B
    Now also consider that for 3 yellow matches, you could cast Recharge twice in the same turn...

Thanks! This has helped my decision. I will now take Star-Lord past level 200, and champ him if I can.

I think the most important part of SL is actually the purple for this specific reason. Against any node that features 2+goons, i.e. wave nodes or all goon nodes. SL purple fueled by yellow is one of the few power combinations that can keep up with how fast goons generate CD tiles.

Yes you need to hope that SL yellow keeps firing and fueling purple, but once you get his purple going its usually enough to keep the CD tiles down to a dull roar.

At some point goon health always exceeds your ability to oneshot them. So chars like SL or Antman are the only ones who negate the speed at which goons generate special tiles and CDs.

SLord (5/5/3), Strange (3/5/5), any big strike tile generator like oml/phx is an ungodly good combo.